2011 Scion xB Consumer Review: I love my xB

2011 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Review

I love my xB
By Nick510451 on

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just traded my '08 xB manual for a brand new '11 xB automatic (wife wanted an auto). Having owned a '08 for three years and having a close family member with a '06 xB I can tell you that Scions are wonderful cars. The 2.4 engine makes the car more competent in all driving situations than the 1.5. The car feels substantial, bumps are much better absorbed than in older models. The brakes inspire confidence (4wheel disc with ABS, and EBD). My 2008 averaged 27+MPG mostly city driving. One tank averaged 33mpg on a 300+ mile road trip. All of the issues I had with my '08 have been fixed on this "11 Larger armrest, larger center console, reverse lights, seats, telescopic wheel.

Ride quality, handling, acceleration, and economy. New telescopic steering wheel, center console, better armrest. Headlights are AMAZING (best on any car I've driven) New taillights, and gauge cluster. New seats have better support. Like the new center console hidden ipod storage.

Styling changes were not exactly what I had in mind. reflectors on rear bumper are ugly, New front end not my favorite. Maybe a 1.8 as an optional motor (to appease those who prefer economy to performance) lose the reflectors and fix the rear bumper. Manual trans needs taller 5th or a sixth gear.