2011 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Glad I bought it!
By Brian on 08/28/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for my daughter, replacing a 2001 RAV4. I drove it from Jacksonville, FL to Baltimore, 865 miles and was totally comfortable. I would drive it across the country, no problem. I'm 6'5" and the seats feel like they were fitted for me. It has more fromt seat room than our 2006 Sienna minivan! I can also fit in back for short distances without it feeling like a torture chamber. It feels like a much larger vehicle inside. If choosing between a 2010 and 2011, go for the 2011. The interior improvements are worth it. The center gauge cluster is also much improved over the 2010. Fuel economy has been excellent. Manual transmission and clutch are excellent.

2011 xB, where's the diesel?
By jpouchet on 08/19/10 17:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I have to say that we are quite pleased with the Scion xB for the excellent alternative it brings over most of the small SUVs we were considering. For our use, local commuting, hauling two bikes (tandems), golf clubs, the dog, and vacation travel with the dog, the xB is a great fit. However the fuel economy is poor for the size of vehicle. Where is the Diesel option? Other design issues – the key is horrible! It will cut your pants pocket and stab you the first, second, and even third chance it gets. Why not a folding key? Audi, VW, even Ford have them. The steering wheel material is too hard. On any drive over 15 minutes it starts to become an annoyance.

Love It!
By Linda Anderson on 08/05/10 19:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this Scion XB after owning a Toyota Rav4. The Scion has just as much width room in the front and more head room than ever. Three of us, large adults, just took it on a 4000 mile trip to the NE. I loved the way we sat down lower in the car, but it was so easy to get in and out of. The gas mileage was "right on" with the sticker. You have to be a "fun" person to like the look, I do! When you're riding in it you feel that it is so much bigger. I can't believe people have even said what a cute car it is. I'm as happy with this car as I have been with the last 6 toyotas we've owned. *Needs to be behind seat pockets and the upholstery could use an upgrade.

Love the new Design
By Wags on 07/27/10 07:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just received my XB after ordering it 3 months ago. I love it. I added the lower spring TRD 19" wheels and all the bells and whistles inside. So glad I got the stick adds so much fun to the driving aspect of the vehicle.

Big change but worth it
By EW on 06/10/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After recently deciding that I needed something that was a little more flexible for a family with 2 kids than my previous 2 Tundras, I started looking at smaller utility vehicles. I also wanted to keep the cost reasonable without having to just "get by" with a tiny engine and tiny interior space, or with a vehicle that had questionable build quality. With all of this in mind, I have to say that I love the 2011 xB and it is exactly what I was looking for. It is very fun to drive, has plenty of power around town or on the highway and I can fit my wife and 2 kids (with car seats) in it and still have plenty of covered storage area in the back. Safety features are great as well.

I love my xB
By Nick510451 on 05/09/10 12:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just traded my '08 xB manual for a brand new '11 xB automatic (wife wanted an auto). Having owned a '08 for three years and having a close family member with a '06 xB I can tell you that Scions are wonderful cars. The 2.4 engine makes the car more competent in all driving situations than the 1.5. The car feels substantial, bumps are much better absorbed than in older models. The brakes inspire confidence (4wheel disc with ABS, and EBD). My 2008 averaged 27+MPG mostly city driving. One tank averaged 33mpg on a 300+ mile road trip. All of the issues I had with my '08 have been fixed on this "11 Larger armrest, larger center console, reverse lights, seats, telescopic wheel.

Out with the old, in with the new
By Chris on 05/08/10 15:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I reluctantly traded-in my '06 xbox after reading about the new improvements (telescopic steering wheel, better seats, gauges, etc). I wasn't a fan of the 2nd gen initially, but eventually it grew on me. A week later, I am loving my new 2011 xB. I was pleasantly surprised by this new 'gen 3' version: the comfort and power were the first two things that jumped out. The ability to shift the auto transmission 'manually' is a nice bonus. The dash/stereo controls are a little confusing at first, but they're starting to make sense now. Gas mileage (24 MPG) is definitely lower than my old box (~31 MPG), but the trade-off of more power is worth it. The ride is smooth and quiet.

Ask the Dealership to order you a 2011
By Edward on 05/07/10 08:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our XB last week and are extremely happy with the vehicle! We purchased this car after comparing it against other compact cars on the market, and it totally fits our needs. We wanted a compact car that would not crush our kids in the back seat, an engine that was a 2.4L, good fuel economy, and something that could hold luggage in the truck. No other compact car fit our criteria except this one. We’ve put 800 miles on the car so far and have averaged 26.2 miles per tank of gas. If you’re in the market for a 2010, ask the dealer to bring in a 2011, because you’ll love the changes. We were sold on the 2010, but when we when saw the change. Great car for the money!!!!!

Still has the new car smell
By Frank on 04/15/10 09:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought the car on Monday, and I am totally loving it! I wasn't 100% sold when I signed the papers, in part because it was bought with my fiance's and my future in mind, but now I can't be happier. For such a small engine, it really has a lot of kick. I will say that it doesn't handle perfectly when driving next to a semi...you really get blown around. All around great vehicle though.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Scion xB Wagon in VA is:

$129 per month*