Used 2011 Scion xB Base Wagon Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2011 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Great basic transportation.
By Eric

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought one of these as a trade in to get out of steep minivan payments. We have two other small electric cars, so this car is for longer trips/ back up. I bought #960 out of 2000 of the release 8 series. It has a lowered body kit and is a cool blue color. Initially there was HORRIble rattle coming from the windshield whenever I went over bumps. I found out from the internet that this was the cowl rubbing against the windshield due to inadequate insulation and that it was an easy fix. I am not mechanical and it was indeed an easy fix. People online suggested using weatherstripping from home depot to install between the cowl and the windshield. I used the fuzzy part of a velcro strip which is working well. It went from sounding like a car with 200,000 miles on it to sounding like a new ride. I am coming from a minivan, so this car handles well. On the twisties it handles well for the box that it is. Anyone who is hung up by the center console or the buzzing sound that the exhaust makes doesn't have a sense of humor. This is an economy box that has a huge amount of room. I am 6'2" with a long torso and I have at least another 8" over my head. And my model has a sunroof. It keeps transportation cheap and simple. If I drive it hard I can get 22 mpg city. If I decide to go for good gas mileage I can get 26 city or 38 highway. I got a great deal certified used.

Great Car, Lots Of Fun To Drive
By dkane1113

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an SUV or a minivan, but they were way too pricey. This car feels like an SUV when you are inside it. I feel higher up then a regular car which I love. It has a peppy engine, great handling and is fun looking. I also love the standard features that came with it (USB, AUX, power windows & locks, automatic door lock & unlock on key, etc.. The car also feels very sturdy & is not cheaply made. It feels spacious inside and I like the head and leg room too. It is a small car that feels bigger than it is and has plenty of room for my 2 kids, husband, dog and I. I just love it!

Telescopic steering wheel,standard Pioneer stereo system, power windows and locks, comfortable seats & armrest, plenty of cup holders, nice dash instruments, plenty of head room, great head lights, great acceleration, etc...

In my opinion I like everything. Just wish city mileage was a little better. I am getting about 15-20 miles per gallon in stop and go traffic.

Glad I bought it!
By Brian

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car for my daughter, replacing a 2001 RAV4. I drove it from Jacksonville, FL to Baltimore, 865 miles and was totally comfortable. I would drive it across the country, no problem. I'm 6'5" and the seats feel like they were fitted for me. It has more fromt seat room than our 2006 Sienna minivan! I can also fit in back for short distances without it feeling like a torture chamber. It feels like a much larger vehicle inside. If choosing between a 2010 and 2011, go for the 2011. The interior improvements are worth it. The center gauge cluster is also much improved over the 2010. Fuel economy has been excellent. Manual transmission and clutch are excellent.

Ride, handling (Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires!), fuel economy, seats, center console, Alpine HD stereo.

Manual transmission could use a 6th gear-it is otherwise well matched to the engine. A sunroof option on non- release models would be nice.

Love the new Design
By Wags

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just received my XB after ordering it 3 months ago. I love it. I added the lower spring TRD 19" wheels and all the bells and whistles inside. So glad I got the stick adds so much fun to the driving aspect of the vehicle.

The new front end is my favorite feature of the XB

If Toyota/Scion could just give it about 20 more stock horses, this would be an awesome vehicle.

Ask the Dealership to order you a 2011
By Edward

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased our XB last week and are extremely happy with the vehicle! We purchased this car after comparing it against other compact cars on the market, and it totally fits our needs. We wanted a compact car that would not crush our kids in the back seat, an engine that was a 2.4L, good fuel economy, and something that could hold luggage in the truck. No other compact car fit our criteria except this one. We’ve put 800 miles on the car so far and have averaged 26.2 miles per tank of gas. If you’re in the market for a 2010, ask the dealer to bring in a 2011, because you’ll love the changes. We were sold on the 2010, but when we when saw the change. Great car for the money!!!!!

We love the arm rest, huge improvement! An additional gauge allows you to see the temp and clock, another great addition. We also think that the clutch on the 2011 is tighter, the car shifts a lot smoother then the 2008, and 2010 models we test drove. We love how each door has a water bottle holder.

The seats are still lacking some comfort.It would also be nice if the door locks and window controls would have back lighting. You have to feel for them when you're driving at night.