Used 2011 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Great basic transportation.
By Eric

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought one of these as a trade in to get out of steep minivan payments. We have two other small electric cars, so this car is for longer trips/ back up. I bought #960 out of 2000 of the release 8 series. It has a lowered body kit and is a cool blue color. Initially there was HORRIble rattle coming from the windshield whenever I went over bumps. I found out from the internet that this was the cowl rubbing against the windshield due to inadequate insulation and that it was an easy fix. I am not mechanical and it was indeed an easy fix. People online suggested using weatherstripping from home depot to install between the cowl and the windshield. I used the fuzzy part of a velcro strip which is working well. It went from sounding like a car with 200,000 miles on it to sounding like a new ride. I am coming from a minivan, so this car handles well. On the twisties it handles well for the box that it is. Anyone who is hung up by the center console or the buzzing sound that the exhaust makes doesn't have a sense of humor. This is an economy box that has a huge amount of room. I am 6'2" with a long torso and I have at least another 8" over my head. And my model has a sunroof. It keeps transportation cheap and simple. If I drive it hard I can get 22 mpg city. If I decide to go for good gas mileage I can get 26 city or 38 highway. I got a great deal certified used.

CUTEST "BOX" YOU'LL EVER DRIVE!
By Tomi

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great car for the price and very versatile. My only problem has been "scraping curbs" when I parallel park. The body sits very low!

Bring back the funk!
By johnxbreezy

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Used to have a 1st generation 2006 xB in 5-speed manual.
It was my favorite car I owned.
I outgrew it, and wanted something a bit more mature, and sleek.
I also wanted to go for a VIP-style luxury-look this time around, and you can’t be VIP and shift your own gears! ;)
That led me to pick up a big-body 2011 xB in automatic.
The 2nd generation xB in manual is pretty silly, anyway--it’s just too big for a manual.
I do love the car, but I’m not in love with it.
It lost it’s groove, and seems as though the Kia Soul is the newer version of the 1st generation xB—it has all the funk that the new xBs lost.
I still like the 2nd generation xB more than the Soul, but just saying.

I do appreciate the larger body, surprising to myself, as I’ve always driven the smallest cars. Tastes change, as expected. I also appreciate how it’s more sleek in curves, while still being boxy. It comes with a myriad of features you come to expect from Scion—Pioneer receiver (head unit) and factory USB and AUX inputs, which are so important to me, and a super-cool dashboard setup, just like the 1st generation—only this time, it’s fully digital, including the speedometer! Why all cars are not digital is beyond me, but I digress. Other than that, it’s a very simple car with not much else in features. It does have a very nifty store section under the rear seats.

The AWFUL and very dated 4-speed automatic needs to go--causes poor gas mileage. The automanual function is laughable. Mind of it's own. There is this strange, creaky noise/rattle from the dashboard. All 2nd generation xBs have it because my father’s 2008 model had it at 36,000 miles, and mine at only 4,000 miles had it (I’m not the original owner). xBs will always have a place in my heart. I understand next year, the 3rd generation xB is expected—I’m really curious to see what comes of it. I am expecting a lot from Scion this time around—they can’t afford another mediocre xB. They need to bring back the funk, or else the Kia Soul will continue to reign.

Great space
By jt5912

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wish that they would put a 6-speed Auto transmission in the XB. Because the gas milage isn't so great. After you fill it up it seems that in a couple days your down to 1/2 tank. I was used to my Camry, I would get about 200 miles when it reached half tank. I get about 20-22 mpg city. I don't know on highway yet. But I really like the car.
So maybe a bigger tank and 6sp A/T.
That would be really nice. And also High back front seats please. I'm 6 foot and the back of the seats hits my lower shoulder blades. Don't take my wrong their is pleanty of front room for leg and headroom. And a rearseat armrest with cup holder like the camry.

I really like the center display, its in digital so that you can really see how fast your going. So you don't have acuse for not getting a ticket. And the USB port. You can put you music on a usb stick and plug it in and youve got 100's of songs to play back on your stereo.

I wish that they would put a 6-speed Auto transmission in the XB. Because the gas milage isn't so great. And also High back front seats please. I'm 6 foot and the back of the seats hits my lower shoulder blades. And a rearseat armrest with cup holder like the camry. I don't like the flimsy ones in the backseat in it know. Also angle the front winshield a little bit more. Its to short. And maybe it will get better areodynamics. And that would help on gas milage. Better rear side visabilty.

Small Price for a Great Car
By maxie6

2011 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have had the car for a week now and we just love it.
Especially my wife whom I didn't think she would take a liking to it.
But she did and it is hard to get her out of it.
We are both retired and were looking for something to replace to the two cars we had.
(sold them both on the same day over the internet). I have been driving an Infiniti for the past 10 years, and I cannot believe all the euipment that comes as standard on this car.
I was surprised how quiet it is and the amount of space that you have, espercially with the back seats down.
I just read that "Kiplinger" has rated the xB as on of the top ten 2011 cars for Best New Car Resale Values.

I can't say anything really negative about the car. I really wasn't expecting to get a car under $20,000 with so many extras. It handles well, has a comfortable ride and a good sound radio. I may buy one for myself in the this summer. I like the fact that the car automaticaly locks when you take the car out park. Another nice feature is if you get out of the car and push the unlock button by mistake, the car will automaiticaly lock itself if a door is not opened within 60 seconds.

Need to have a light around the key ignition. Difficult to see the ignition key hole in the dark. Improve the gas milage.