Used 2011 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2011 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Bring back the funk!
By johnxbreezy

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Used to have a 1st generation 2006 xB in 5-speed manual. It was my favorite car I owned. I outgrew it, and wanted something a bit more mature, and sleek. I also wanted to go for a VIP-style luxury-look this time around, and you canít be VIP and shift your own gears! ;) That led me to pick up a big-body 2011 xB in automatic. The 2nd generation xB in manual is pretty silly, anyway--itís just too big for a manual. I do love the car, but Iím not in love with it. It lost itís groove, and seems as though the Kia Soul is the newer version of the 1st generation xBóit has all the funk that the new xBs lost. I still like the 2nd generation xB more than the Soul, but just saying.

Favorite Features

I do appreciate the larger body, surprising to myself, as Iíve always driven the smallest cars. Tastes change, as expected. I also appreciate how itís more sleek in curves, while still being boxy. It comes with a myriad of features you come to expect from ScionóPioneer receiver (head unit) and factory USB and AUX inputs, which are so important to me, and a super-cool dashboard setup, just like the 1st generationóonly this time, itís fully digital, including the speedometer! Why all cars are not digital is beyond me, but I digress. Other than that, itís a very simple car with not much else in features. It does have a very nifty store section under the rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

The AWFUL and very dated 4-speed automatic needs to go--causes poor gas mileage. The automanual function is laughable. Mind of it's own. There is this strange, creaky noise/rattle from the dashboard. All 2nd generation xBs have it because my fatherís 2008 model had it at 36,000 miles, and mine at only 4,000 miles had it (Iím not the original owner). xBs will always have a place in my heart. I understand next year, the 3rd generation xB is expected¬óIím really curious to see what comes of it. I am expecting a lot from Scion this time around¬óthey can¬ít afford another mediocre xB. They need to bring back the funk, or else the Kia Soul will continue to reign.

Great space
By jt5912

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wish that they would put a 6-speed Auto transmission in the XB. Because the gas milage isn't so great. After you fill it up it seems that in a couple days your down to 1/2 tank. I was used to my Camry, I would get about 200 miles when it reached half tank. I get about 20-22 mpg city. I don't know on highway yet. But I really like the car. So maybe a bigger tank and 6sp A/T. That would be really nice. And also High back front seats please. I'm 6 foot and the back of the seats hits my lower shoulder blades. Don't take my wrong their is pleanty of front room for leg and headroom. And a rearseat armrest with cup holder like the camry.

Favorite Features

I really like the center display, its in digital so that you can really see how fast your going. So you don't have acuse for not getting a ticket. And the USB port. You can put you music on a usb stick and plug it in and youve got 100's of songs to play back on your stereo.

Suggested Improvements

I wish that they would put a 6-speed Auto transmission in the XB. Because the gas milage isn't so great. And also High back front seats please. I'm 6 foot and the back of the seats hits my lower shoulder blades. And a rearseat armrest with cup holder like the camry. I don't like the flimsy ones in the backseat in it know. Also angle the front winshield a little bit more. Its to short. And maybe it will get better areodynamics. And that would help on gas milage. Better rear side visabilty.

Small Price for a Great Car
By maxie6

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have had the car for a week now and we just love it. Especially my wife whom I didn't think she would take a liking to it. But she did and it is hard to get her out of it. We are both retired and were looking for something to replace to the two cars we had. (sold them both on the same day over the internet). I have been driving an Infiniti for the past 10 years, and I cannot believe all the euipment that comes as standard on this car. I was surprised how quiet it is and the amount of space that you have, espercially with the back seats down. I just read that "Kiplinger" has rated the xB as on of the top ten 2011 cars for Best New Car Resale Values.

Favorite Features

I can't say anything really negative about the car. I really wasn't expecting to get a car under $20,000 with so many extras. It handles well, has a comfortable ride and a good sound radio. I may buy one for myself in the this summer. I like the fact that the car automaticaly locks when you take the car out park. Another nice feature is if you get out of the car and push the unlock button by mistake, the car will automaiticaly lock itself if a door is not opened within 60 seconds.

Suggested Improvements

Need to have a light around the key ignition. Difficult to see the ignition key hole in the dark. Improve the gas milage.

Nice
By Ih8reno

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

had to return my last car and was checking for 1 month every dealership i could think of. ended up at Toyota and test drove the Matrix. Came close to signing but saw the Xb close by and had to try it. i loved it, and a week later am driving it. Nice looks, fully loaded, and smooth to drive.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, and ipod integration are great

Suggested Improvements

The engine noise needs to be tuned, I used to drive a Honda and even with less hp is sounded way better

NOISE
By UNHAPPY

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nice car at first then it hits you. Put just the rear windows down and the vortex sucks your eardrums out. Scion say that is normal in all cars. We all know that is not ture. Set the crusie contol on a long flat road and watch it speed up on it own. Scion claims that normal for all cat as well. Brakes have to be pumped to get it stop with out a jerk. Also listen as it down shifts and hear the clunk. Oh ya the windows rattle and the plastic comes lose as well.

Favorite Features

None that I can think of.

Suggested Improvements

Start over.