2011 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Bring back the funk!
By johnxbreezy on 02/28/14 07:05 AM (PST)

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Used to have a 1st generation 2006 xB in 5-speed manual. It was my favorite car I owned. I outgrew it, and wanted something a bit more mature, and sleek. I also wanted to go for a VIP-style luxury-look this time around, and you canít be VIP and shift your own gears! ;) That led me to pick up a big-body 2011 xB in automatic. The 2nd generation xB in manual is pretty silly, anyway--itís just too big for a manual. I do love the car, but Iím not in love with it. It lost itís groove, and seems as though the Kia Soul is the newer version of the 1st generation xBóit has all the funk that the new xBs lost. I still like the 2nd generation xB more than the Soul, but just saying.

Great space
By jt5912 on 08/01/11 17:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wish that they would put a 6-speed Auto transmission in the XB. Because the gas milage isn't so great. After you fill it up it seems that in a couple days your down to 1/2 tank. I was used to my Camry, I would get about 200 miles when it reached half tank. I get about 20-22 mpg city. I don't know on highway yet. But I really like the car. So maybe a bigger tank and 6sp A/T. That would be really nice. And also High back front seats please. I'm 6 foot and the back of the seats hits my lower shoulder blades. Don't take my wrong their is pleanty of front room for leg and headroom. And a rearseat armrest with cup holder like the camry.

Small Price for a Great Car
By maxie6 on 03/02/11 09:10 AM (PST)

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have had the car for a week now and we just love it. Especially my wife whom I didn't think she would take a liking to it. But she did and it is hard to get her out of it. We are both retired and were looking for something to replace to the two cars we had. (sold them both on the same day over the internet). I have been driving an Infiniti for the past 10 years, and I cannot believe all the euipment that comes as standard on this car. I was surprised how quiet it is and the amount of space that you have, espercially with the back seats down. I just read that "Kiplinger" has rated the xB as on of the top ten 2011 cars for Best New Car Resale Values.

Nice
By Ih8reno on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

had to return my last car and was checking for 1 month every dealership i could think of. ended up at Toyota and test drove the Matrix. Came close to signing but saw the Xb close by and had to try it. i loved it, and a week later am driving it. Nice looks, fully loaded, and smooth to drive.

NOISE
By UNHAPPY on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nice car at first then it hits you. Put just the rear windows down and the vortex sucks your eardrums out. Scion say that is normal in all cars. We all know that is not ture. Set the crusie contol on a long flat road and watch it speed up on it own. Scion claims that normal for all cat as well. Brakes have to be pumped to get it stop with out a jerk. Also listen as it down shifts and hear the clunk. Oh ya the windows rattle and the plastic comes lose as well.

My gocart with an A/C
By bilbowill on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just that, it preforms like a 158 hp go cart, , I chose the White color with Gray/black interior, , the center dash does take some getting used to, but I got over that as soon as I plugged my iPod, , and my iphone in, I even use my iphone as the iPod and can get calls, the cargo area is large enough to slid my 3 wheel bike in I get 30.2 mpg in the city, , thats great, , went from a murano, with only 64 cubic feet of storage to this, , 70 cf, it's great

Surprisingly awesome
By Carolina T on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I went to the dealership to test drive the Toyota Matrix, and saw the XB sitting there. After test driving the Matrix and being unimpressed with the handling, I asked the dealer if I could test the Scion. I was amazed at how zippy this car is, especially for its size. I fell in love with the car right away, and bought it, and now I am a total convert. The car handles like a sportier, smaller car, but it has all the room in the world, and it's got personality. Win.

Happy So Far
By WAGKISS on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far I am pleasantly surprised at the comfort of the ride, the solid handling qualities, throttle response and gas mileage. The majority of my driving is open road and I am averaging 31.5 overall. The headroom is great, my only complaint is the offset of the steering wheel.

Great Car, Lots Of Fun To Drive
By dkane1113 on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an SUV or a minivan, but they were way too pricey. This car feels like an SUV when you are inside it. I feel higher up then a regular car which I love. It has a peppy engine, great handling and is fun looking. I also love the standard features that came with it (USB, AUX, power windows & locks, automatic door lock & unlock on key, etc.. The car also feels very sturdy & is not cheaply made. It feels spacious inside and I like the head and leg room too. It is a small car that feels bigger than it is and has plenty of room for my 2 kids, husband, dog and I. I just love it!

Love it!
By klub182 on 08/31/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the look inside and out. Roomy. Very smooth drive. Feels like you are in a little race car. It has more zip than I expected. You can't beat it for the price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Scion xB in VA is:

$129 per month*