I love my toaster
By capnjackflash on
2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I'm much older than the people Scion targets for the xB, but this car is perfect for baby-boomers. Strap in the grandkids or flop the back seats forward for 69 cubic feet of space. Previously I drove a Toyota Avalon or an aging 4-Runner. The xB gets better gas mileage than the Avalon and has the same cargo space as the 4 runner. Its short 167 inch length and tight 34.8 ft turning radius are useful in any parking situation. (think San Francisco) The 2.4 liter 4 cyl is from the Camry, but the Camry weighs 400 lbs more. So the xB has plenty of pep when needed. Getting in or out of the xB is so-o-o-o easy, front or back seat.
Favorite Features
Being able to haul so much in a car that handles and parks so easily. The comfortable seats. Ease of getting in or out. The versatility of the (optional) Alpine stereo unit . The superior reliability. The full package of safety features. The digital speedometer with big numbers.
Suggested Improvements
Despite all the safety features, daytime running lights are not available. The time, temperature and gas mileage computer all use the same display - how about a thumb switch on the steering wheel rather than having to reach for the selector on the dash.