2010 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Pretty Awesome Car
By frank on 06/14/10 21:21 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. I traded from a 2006 Ford Focus. This car handles like a dream. It easily makes tight turns at 50 mph and will go it to a power slide which is great. I put a cold air intake and it dramatically improved the acceleration across the entire power curve. I put on a new exhaust system and the car lost its delay from pressing the gas to acceleration. My only complaint is the fuel. I get about 25 less miles per gallon but this isn't a big concern because of the horsepower the car has

It's different but comfortable
By John A. on 05/22/10 13:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB Release Series 7.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The interior space for driver and the large backseat were the primary draws for considering this vehicle. As a 2006 Scion xB owner I resisted the move to the new model because of the "mpg" factor. We can fit 4 adults and one tall 8-year old in the vehicle. Handling is good, the engine is peppy and is averaging 26 mpg overall (this is a good trade-off for increased comfort, ride and a quieter interior). The odometer system is awkward to use at first and overall the gauges are comfortable if you are used to the xB. After the first month I no longer wonder why I traded my "can" (car-van) in on a newer model. Access for those with hip and knee problems is easy and mostly pain-free.

Good All-Rounder
By camp6ell on 04/10/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in an '07 tC and am delighted with similar performance but much more utility. Is more pleasant to drive and has a good ride quality balance - compliant enough in corners and over bumps, but not too stiff. Tons of room inside was a big reason for buying. Does everything we need it to do well, though I would always like to see better fuel mileage.

Puts a smile on my face when I drive it!
By Eric on 03/23/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Most fun car I have had in years. Had many Camry's with more creature comforts but I added MANY options so it is now very comfortable. The Camry motor in the xB makes a huge difference in performance. It could use a 5th gear but does well with a 4- speed auto. Back seats fold flat and their is an incredible amount of space. Put after-market alloys on mine and get many compliments. My fiance' loves to drive it so getting driving time is getting more challenging. Sound system is awesome. Even if they were options, needs telescoping steering wheel, heated mirrors, power driver's seat,5- speed auto, and a few other things. Otherwise, love the car.

Interior Can be better.....
By Aardvark on 03/12/10 10:18 AM (PST)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 xB in November 2009 and to this day absolutely love it! It drives and handles like a small BMW, and looks sharp to boot.

Best of the rest
By Charly on 03/07/10 15:50 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Still have our 2005 Rel 2.0 and love our 2010 xB. 05 model gets 35 mpg on trips so we bought another one. Only one trip so far, into the Smokies for 7 days, avg 31 mpg overall on mountain roads & xways. Car is absolutely the best cross over out there. Smooth, quiet and fuel efficient. Just finished mixed driving of 275 mi and avg 31.6. Very thick comfortable seats too and lots of room for this 6 foot 220 pounder. You just can do any better. We drove Honda's and other Scions. Ford has no hi-mpg crossover and GM quality history precludes any consideration of any model. Chrysler has no quality or mpg in any line.

I've never "loved" a car before this XB
By tarah2005 on 02/22/10 11:14 AM (PST)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So much fun to drive. The updated exterior is way better than the first...more girly. I traded in my 2008 4runner while it still had some equity. I commute 60 miles per day so MPG was attractive on the Scion XB because I still wanted extra space. At first I overlooked the car, but after driving it am in love!!! I am not sure how well an automatic would accelerate but the manual is a blast.

Reliability and gas mileage
By Jim on 02/11/10 07:41 AM (PST)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought the '10 xB and couldn't be happier. We already have put almost 4K miles on it and it is a pleasure to drive. The gas mileage we found on the highway could get up to 30 mpg. All in all I would highly recommend this car.

Best Car I ever Bought !!!!!
By towstr on 02/04/10 13:14 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xB Release Series 7.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Scion xb in '05. After owning it for almost 5 years and saw the new model, I just fell in love all over again. This time I got the Release Series 7.0 , 186 of 2000 is what's on my car. I also purchased the spoilers. It didn't get the manual on my '05 Scion so this time I made sure I did. The car feels so much bigger and I can really tell. Love the color. Did someone said it only had one setting on wipers? You better look again buddy !

Not your "Typical" XB owner
By Joe-in-DC on 02/04/10 07:52 AM (PST)

2010 Scion xB Release Series 7.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not the target demographic 20 something, more like 40 something. Had the car a week and I love it! So much fun to drive. With my add-ons, (Alpine sterio, Cold-Air-Intake, TRD shocks and struts, fog lights, alarm system, 17" Alloy wheels) this car is great! I live DC and we are having a rough winter and this car handles great in the snow and performs great in "High-speed" traffic.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Scion xB in VA is:

$120 per month*