Used 2010 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2010 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Much better than i expected
By rb7385899

2010 Scion xB Release Series 7.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove a 2006 XB a few years ago and rejected it, too slow and noisy. This revised model is a major improvement. I'm getting the advertised 23 mpg or so around town, but on a 50 mile (mostly rural) drive to Lancaster PA it returned 33 - far above the 28 mpg sticker for hwy. It's quiet, crisp handling, and has excellent visibility and interior space. I'm sorry i didn't test drive sooner. And you can't beat the pricing.

Favorite Features

styling, room, driving dynamics,hwy mileage (if it holds up)

Suggested Improvements

you can't display time/temp/mpg separately. long reach for the ctr mirror & some other switchgear. the aero kit is going to scrape the snow in winter. not all interior gauges are lit. and base radio doesn't include sat; i rejected the $449 sat upgrade cost as insane. heated mirrors?

What A Surprise!
By Toni C

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A baby boomer who loves the sporty feel of a very practical car. I simply love my Scion XB and really got into the buying process. With the addition of many of the performance features, the car is a joy to drive. The addition of interior and exterior features makes for a very classy look. I have gotten better than reported gas mileage, particular with the addition of the sport's muffler that helps with coasting and keeps me from speeding! The sunroof addition has increased my driving experience on those pleasant summer evenings where you can enjoy the intermix of music and soft breezes.

Favorite Features

It is a roomy car and good for hauling. Handling and control. The sound system. The appearance, especially the design of the windows and subtle aerodynamic features. The location of the turn signals.

Suggested Improvements

Brighter and more interior lighting, less plastic, a spare tire (more useful for highway driving), mud guards (Minnesota winters), additional back-up/tail lights

Former BMW Owner
By Former BMW X3 Owners

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We just traded in our 2005 BMW X3 on a 2010 XB. The XB is almost the same size inside and actually fits a booster seat for our 3 year old daughter better in the back. The BMW was a terrible fit for car seats and the the booster seats. Nothing would fit in between the seatbelts. This car fits much better, but still not perfect. It's nowhere near as quiet inside, but hopefully it will not have the problems. We were getting ready to spend over 3k in repairs as our BMW has many issues including bad all wheel drive motor (1.8k to fix), A/C wasn't working, passenger seat wasn't working, and bluetooth stopped working.

Favorite Features

It has everything we need and want. We were able to lease it for 329 a month with less than 200 down and having some negative equity in our X3.

Suggested Improvements

make it quieter.

engine stopped going to vegas
By milodog

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was fairly happy with car until this week. Seats aren't comfy, but I can live with it. Driving to Vegas, car all of a sudden comes out of gear, check engine and oil lights come on and I coast to the side of road. I turn it off for a minute, and it starts right up. took to dealer and cleared codes. still in process of what really went wrong. Thought potential buyers might be interested. Have Toyota problems gone to scion ?

Favorite Features

looks

Suggested Improvements

seats are pretty bad for heavy people

Awesome value
By Charlie

2010 Scion xB Release Series 7.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I took a chance and test drove an XB, I should be driving an Acura RL, but I was sold on the XB. I love this car!

Favorite Features

Appearance, cabin space, ride and comfort, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.