Used 2010 Scion xB Base Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2010 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Most Helpful|
I've never "loved" a car before this XB
By tarah2005

2010 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So much fun to drive. The updated exterior is way better than the first...more girly. I traded in my 2008 4runner while it still had some equity. I commute 60 miles per day so MPG was attractive on the Scion XB because I still wanted extra space. At first I overlooked the car, but after driving it am in love!!! I am not sure how well an automatic would accelerate but the manual is a blast.

Favorite Features

The upgraded touch screen Alpine stereo system is nice, as well as the USB function. Love the new tint that Toyota is using. The sound of the exhaust is sporty without being obnoxious or loud. I appreciate the turn indicators on the exterior mirrors too. Very cute car, I have super white.

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest is out of place. Not only is the fabric different but it's skinny and weird. The passenger has nowhere for their arm not even an ugly skinny armrest. I don't really understand why the console couldn't be a bit higher like most. The hubcaps are hideous. I ordered the BBS wheels.

Former BMW Owner
By Former BMW X3 Owners

2010 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We just traded in our 2005 BMW X3 on a 2010 XB. The XB is almost the same size inside and actually fits a booster seat for our 3 year old daughter better in the back. The BMW was a terrible fit for car seats and the the booster seats. Nothing would fit in between the seatbelts. This car fits much better, but still not perfect. It's nowhere near as quiet inside, but hopefully it will not have the problems. We were getting ready to spend over 3k in repairs as our BMW has many issues including bad all wheel drive motor (1.8k to fix), A/C wasn't working, passenger seat wasn't working, and bluetooth stopped working.

Favorite Features

It has everything we need and want. We were able to lease it for 329 a month with less than 200 down and having some negative equity in our X3.

Suggested Improvements

make it quieter.

Good All-Rounder
By camp6ell

2010 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in an '07 tC and am delighted with similar performance but much more utility. Is more pleasant to drive and has a good ride quality balance - compliant enough in corners and over bumps, but not too stiff. Tons of room inside was a big reason for buying. Does everything we need it to do well, though I would always like to see better fuel mileage.

Favorite Features

For the money, there are a lot of standard features, like trip computer, steering wheel mounted stereo controls, and iPod integration. The storage shelf under the back seat is useful

Suggested Improvements

A 6th gear for higher economy on the highway would be nice; I'm not a fan of the digital speedometer; Built in roof rails for mounting a rack would be nice.

Better Mileage Than Advertised
By Shubunkin

2010 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the XB (Blackberry Crush) for about 3 weeks now, and driven around town as well as on 500 mile trip. With the 5 sp manual, I am getting 28-29 mpg regardless of city/hwy (disclaimer, I am older and don't do jackrabbit starts.) The car has a lot of pep, handles very well, and has much more comfortable seats than a lot of cars we considered. After a minivan the size seems small, but the interior is surprisingly spacious. We hesitated because the EPA mileage estimate is only 24 mpg, but my experience mirrors that of others who have had 28-30 mpg overall. We are very happy with the XB.

Favorite Features

Center gauges, now I am used to them. Back seats easy to fold. Good visibility, lots of head room and leg room. Very comfy seats.

Suggested Improvements

Fold-down front passenger seat, passenger armrest, pockets on seatbacks.

Awesome Bang for the Buck
By Chris

2010 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have had our box for almost 2 months now and are very pleased. We've averaged 29-30mpg combined city/highway, so I don't understand how it can have such a low rating. My only real gripe is that I'm 6'5", and my arms stay outstretched with little to no support, which gets tiresome on long trips. Lumbar support in the seat and a telescopic wheel would be very helpful. My wife is 5'4" and is very comfortable driving it. We love the styling, and it's a blast to drive. Overall very happy with our purchase.

Favorite Features

Very nice list of standard features. Love the cup holders in the doors! Factory base stereo sounds great. Very roomy interior, even for rear passengers. Unbeatable quality and features for the price, not to mention great resale value.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support. Telescopic steering wheel!!! Bigger center console. More intuitive stereo controls. Steering wheel switch to toggle temp/mileage/clock readout would be great instead of having to lean to the dash (or move clock and temp to their own readouts). Better paint color selection.