2010 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Former BMW Owner
By Former BMW X3 Owners on 07/10/10 12:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We just traded in our 2005 BMW X3 on a 2010 XB. The XB is almost the same size inside and actually fits a booster seat for our 3 year old daughter better in the back. The BMW was a terrible fit for car seats and the the booster seats. Nothing would fit in between the seatbelts. This car fits much better, but still not perfect. It's nowhere near as quiet inside, but hopefully it will not have the problems. We were getting ready to spend over 3k in repairs as our BMW has many issues including bad all wheel drive motor (1.8k to fix), A/C wasn't working, passenger seat wasn't working, and bluetooth stopped working.

Good All-Rounder
By camp6ell on 04/10/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in an '07 tC and am delighted with similar performance but much more utility. Is more pleasant to drive and has a good ride quality balance - compliant enough in corners and over bumps, but not too stiff. Tons of room inside was a big reason for buying. Does everything we need it to do well, though I would always like to see better fuel mileage.

I've never "loved" a car before this XB
By tarah2005 on 02/22/10 11:14 AM (PST)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So much fun to drive. The updated exterior is way better than the first...more girly. I traded in my 2008 4runner while it still had some equity. I commute 60 miles per day so MPG was attractive on the Scion XB because I still wanted extra space. At first I overlooked the car, but after driving it am in love!!! I am not sure how well an automatic would accelerate but the manual is a blast.

Awesome Bang for the Buck
By Chris on 11/19/09 11:13 AM (PST)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have had our box for almost 2 months now and are very pleased. We've averaged 29-30mpg combined city/highway, so I don't understand how it can have such a low rating. My only real gripe is that I'm 6'5", and my arms stay outstretched with little to no support, which gets tiresome on long trips. Lumbar support in the seat and a telescopic wheel would be very helpful. My wife is 5'4" and is very comfortable driving it. We love the styling, and it's a blast to drive. Overall very happy with our purchase.

Better Mileage Than Advertised
By Shubunkin on 09/08/09 11:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the XB (Blackberry Crush) for about 3 weeks now, and driven around town as well as on 500 mile trip. With the 5 sp manual, I am getting 28-29 mpg regardless of city/hwy (disclaimer, I am older and don't do jackrabbit starts.) The car has a lot of pep, handles very well, and has much more comfortable seats than a lot of cars we considered. After a minivan the size seems small, but the interior is surprisingly spacious. We hesitated because the EPA mileage estimate is only 24 mpg, but my experience mirrors that of others who have had 28-30 mpg overall. We are very happy with the XB.

Love this XB!!!
By JimJam on 08/21/09 08:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my new Classic Silver XB for about 4 days. It is so fun to drive and is very comfortable for all 5 passengers. It was the best value for any car in the price range. My XB has the same standard options (except Bluetooth) than my wife's 2009 Carolla XLE that we paid $20,000 for and the XB handles much better. I think you will love the cargo space as well. The fuel economy is good as well for the amount of power the car has. Give one a test drive and I think you will feel the same as I do. I LOVE this EB!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Scion xB in VA is:

$120 per month*