2010 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
We love our xB!
By doug148 on 06/15/13 09:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased it 40,000 miles and three years ago. To date, our only expense has been an oil/filter change every 3k. As our grandchildren say: It look so small on outside, but it's so roomy on the inside. Handles great in wind and even in snow (as long as it's under 6" in depth)-- very stable. Delivers gas mileage far in excess of the EPA rating-- 28 mpg overall. Quality thru-out-- made in Japan. Amazing storage and flexibility. Powerful, smooth, quiet Camry engine. No rattles and noises. Is it a SUV, a hatchback, a station wagon, or a sports sedan? It has elements of all those. This car is underpriced by about $5,000, thus a bargain.

Love my "mini UPS truck"
By tony181 on 03/14/12 16:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2010 XB has been almost exactly the vehicle that meets my needs. My wife's car is a 2009 Camry SE. Have owned for 2.5 years (19,000 miles). Comfortable, roomy vehicle for around the town driving (I am 6'2"). Had a problem with comfortable driving position-adding lumbar solved that problem. Fun to drive & handles great-I added sway bar. Lots of power. Cargo capacity tremendous for size vehicle. Wish interior was a bit nicer-no padding on door armrests among other such items.

Great car
By kevininstl on 02/02/11 11:48 AM (PST)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2010 xB in August of 2009. Since then, I've put almost 35,000 miles on it. This includes a daily commute of 30+ miles each way. Also longer trips of 250 miles and one of about 1,000 miles. Everything has been just as I thought it would be and that's a good thing. I avg about 27 MPG and can get over 30 in the right conditions. The car is comfy and has all of the reasonable things standard. The cargo space is very good for a car its size. It's much larger on the inside than it looks on the outside. Best of all is it's reliability. I'm this far in and the only time I took it to the dealer it turned out the burning smell was from a plastic bag caught on the muffler. :)

Good people/stuff Hauler
By Ollie on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2009 Scion Xb for over 2 years and have driven mine for 44,000 miles. It is a good car but not a great car. I bought it for fun to drive, which it is very fun the way mine is equipped, but not a great commuter vehicle. Fit and finish are ok, not as good as other Toyotas and definitely not up to Honda/Subaru like quality. There are some rough plastics and some of the interior design elements are quirky(like the useless drivers armrest). Mine has the TRD lowering springs and 19" TRD alloy wheels which make it look killer. However, as a commuter vehicle it makes the ride extremely harsh. Honda Fit a better choice for a similar price or stretch the budget and get a VW Golf.

Much better than i expected
By rb7385899 on 08/02/10 06:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB Release Series 7.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove a 2006 XB a few years ago and rejected it, too slow and noisy. This revised model is a major improvement. I'm getting the advertised 23 mpg or so around town, but on a 50 mile (mostly rural) drive to Lancaster PA it returned 33 - far above the 28 mpg sticker for hwy. It's quiet, crisp handling, and has excellent visibility and interior space. I'm sorry i didn't test drive sooner. And you can't beat the pricing.

What A Surprise!
By Toni C on 07/22/10 14:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A baby boomer who loves the sporty feel of a very practical car. I simply love my Scion XB and really got into the buying process. With the addition of many of the performance features, the car is a joy to drive. The addition of interior and exterior features makes for a very classy look. I have gotten better than reported gas mileage, particular with the addition of the sport's muffler that helps with coasting and keeps me from speeding! The sunroof addition has increased my driving experience on those pleasant summer evenings where you can enjoy the intermix of music and soft breezes.

Former BMW Owner
By Former BMW X3 Owners on 07/10/10 12:13 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We just traded in our 2005 BMW X3 on a 2010 XB. The XB is almost the same size inside and actually fits a booster seat for our 3 year old daughter better in the back. The BMW was a terrible fit for car seats and the the booster seats. Nothing would fit in between the seatbelts. This car fits much better, but still not perfect. It's nowhere near as quiet inside, but hopefully it will not have the problems. We were getting ready to spend over 3k in repairs as our BMW has many issues including bad all wheel drive motor (1.8k to fix), A/C wasn't working, passenger seat wasn't working, and bluetooth stopped working.

engine stopped going to vegas
By milodog on 07/02/10 15:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was fairly happy with car until this week. Seats aren't comfy, but I can live with it. Driving to Vegas, car all of a sudden comes out of gear, check engine and oil lights come on and I coast to the side of road. I turn it off for a minute, and it starts right up. took to dealer and cleared codes. still in process of what really went wrong. Thought potential buyers might be interested. Have Toyota problems gone to scion ?

Awesome value
By Charlie on 06/26/10 14:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB Release Series 7.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I took a chance and test drove an XB, I should be driving an Acura RL, but I was sold on the XB. I love this car!

Best Value!
By Sparkberry on 06/18/10 10:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xB Release Series 7.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I can't believe that this car doesn't cost more. It's spacious, safe, comfortable, has great interior features, and has great style. This is definitely the best value for your money. I love it!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Scion xB in VA is:

$120 per month*