2009 Scion xB Consumer Review: Wow! (I say it louder!)

2009 Scion xB - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Wow! (I say it louder!)
By jc on

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm 6'4" and this is a perfect car for me. I've been a big truck person, but I have less need for that size vehicle. I really enjoy this feisty little wagon. I have back problems, but the car's seats fit me perfectly and I can drive hundreds of miles with no pain. It is no sports car, but it is sporty and fun to drive. I have music gear I haul around frequently, so it's a great "gigging" car. My two kids dig it as well. I like the automatic, it shifts just when I think it should and compliments the torquey 2.4 L well. The sound system is decent too, supporting 3 digital music formats on CD, plus a cool iPod interface. For the money, it's hard to beat. Toyota did good with this car.

Looks, peppy engine, fun to drive, head and leg room.

Scion recommends not to try to install a trailer hitch of any kind. I was very disappointed. I wanted to pull a small trailer to fetch light amounts of building materials and such. I could see some wanting to pull a jet ski or a small boat. I want a light duty hitch!