Something different
By Ardie on
2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I've driven a Camry for the past 6 years; a nice but terribly boring car in every way. I was looking for something safe as my oldest just turned 16, and the Camry had no side airbags, ABS or traction control. The XB is fun to drive, very safe, better in the snow than the Camry, incredibly roomy, has a small turning radius, and a reasonably smooth ride. I drive 30 miles each way to work, and I'm averaging 28 MPG at about 70 MPH. On long trips I've exceeded 31 MPG. The car is a like a Tardis, small on the outside but huge on the inside. And I'm very confident in the safety features for my new driver. I like having a car you don't see everywhere.
Favorite Features
Roominess, turning radius, ipod interface, mileage, unique styling, center-mounted instrument cluster, comfortable driving position, and safety.
Suggested Improvements
Factory installed SUNROOF!!! You can't get one, and I really miss having one. I don't want to pay for an aftermarket sunroof. And I'm in agreement with other reviewers, the armrest is ridiculous.
By eps
on 02/18/13 16:24 PM (PST)

I appreciated the specific info re: mpg and am prone to believe anyone who (pun) references the TARDIS