2009 Scion xB Consumer Review: Great little car

2009 Scion xB - Consumer Review

Great little car
By Old Man on

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my xB for 4 days now. The hardest thing about buying one was deciding between Stingray Metallic and Black. I chose Black because I figured Black would always be in style. It actually has a metallic gray look to it, which really sets it off. This car is so much fun to drive. It's quick, agile, and very responsive. Even with the A/C on, I can merge onto the expressway with no problem. The ride is comfortable, although my wife prefers the cushier seats in her Lexus. There is very little road or engine noise. The stock radio/CD player sounds great. We have 4 Toyotas in the family, and this one certainly does not disappoint. It has the same build quality as the others.

Exterior looks; instrument panel; roomy inside; so much fun to drive; peppy and stable on the highway; holds the road well even when passing trucks.

Driver arm rests are a bit awkward; could use one for the passenger too; headrest leans in too far. Kind of a blind spot on the passenger side rear. Maybe add a little round window for looks and utility back there. None of these would deter me from buying another one, though.