2009 Scion xB Consumer Review: Great family mover

2009 Scion xB - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great family mover
By toasterdriver on

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the xB as I was looking to upsize (2 growing kids) from a Nissan Sentra. I looked at the Dodge Caliber, Chevy HHR, Hyundai Sonata, and Volkswagen Jetta. Not only did the xB beat all of them on price and options, but it is a wonderfully fun yet practical car. The fit and finish were excellent. Standard options were unmatched. But the space , the inside is cavernous. The back seat passengers (my kids) have more room than I have seen in most SUVs, let alone cars. It has excellent power and pickup, even with the a/c on full blast. Even if you end up buying something else, this is a car you owe it to yourself to at least check out.

All the standard features, the low price, interior space, comfort and interior space.

The driver's seat armrest is useless (I just leave it up). And it has only one power outlet (in the front). A second power outlet, especially located somewhere in the back, would be useful.