Best Value available.
By dan.oneil77 on
2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
As an engineer, I researched new cars for 6 months before buying. We're expecting a second child and needed more room over our Mazda Protege. The Scion xB is the best value possible! The rear seating beats EVERYTHING we looked at! Grown-ups can sit back there - no other vehicle offered this. I had a 1993 Toyota Pickup with the I4 2.4L engine and loved it - this engine has the juice when you need it! I added the cold air intake for a little more HP - at the cost of a few MPG's. We're seeing 28MPGs, but with 128+ FT^3 interior space, that's actually pretty amazing. It is a bit heavy and catches a lot of wind, but its meant more for utility, not speed. Great for small families!
Favorite Features
IPOD adapter, Power Everthing, Cruise, Trip computer, Wide Variety of Mix and match opitons available (you pick what you like - you're not limited to "sport" or "luxury" package of options), Rear seat room, Safety Features, Standard Traction control, and 4 wheel-disc anti-lock brakes.
Suggested Improvements
the driver's right knee does rub the center console awkwardly - you just have to position yourself a little differently. The center instrument cluster takes some getting used to as well - at first I would look down at night and think my headlights weren't on!