Best ugly car I've purchased
By Mr. Teacher on
2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I ordered my xB with only the floor mats and an upgraded stereo. I did choose the automatic transmission for my xB. Shortly after my purchase, I had to make a 2000 mile trip. At posted speeds, the car proved very solid on the road and achieved 32 MPG on the first 300 miles of the trip. The vehicle handles well in the city, and I quickly acclimated to the awkward interior which included the center mounted gauges. The shelf in front of the steering wheel was perfect for my GPS. My kids couldn't believe I bought such an "ugly car" until they got inside. The whole family loves the spacious interior and I love the great cost of ownership and the information display. Quite a bargain at 18K.
Favorite Features
I love the onboard information display. I can monitor fuel economy and quickly determine how soon I may need to fill up on a trip. That's a nice feature when traveling through the open expanses of the southwest. The vehicle comes standard with power options at a very nice price.
Suggested Improvements
The interior has far too much plastic that quickly marks up when rubbed with shoes, or anything hard. Could use another power port. Need to offer a more economical set of alloy wheels. Some upgrades are terribly overpriced at the dealerships. Ebay is a much better source.