2009 Scion xB Consumer Review: A Fun Car/SUV

2009 Scion xB - Consumer Review

A Fun Car/SUV
By Greg on

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well, I traded in my 4.7L Toyota Tundra for the Scion Xb earlier this week. I went from an average of 14.7 ml/gal to 26 ml/gal. Although the Xb is small on the road, it has a big roomy interior. Very good pick-up and go power, a little bit bumpy ride but is tolerable, a little road noise but again is tolerable. The Xb is fun to take exit ramps fast, handling curves with ease, comparable to go-cart handling, little body roll. My family loves the interior and the extra leg room in the back, and they think its a cool car over all. I did test drive many cars such as Chevy HHR, Subaru impreza & forester, Ford escape, focus, fusion, the Scion Xb won hands down.

Great safety features: ABS, VSC, airbags. Good gas mileage and I expect that to improve. Cool looks ext/interior. Roomy inside, handling, my dealership offers a Life Time Warranty on the powertrain!!!

At night the dashboard on the drivers side is completely dark, you almost have to fumble around to find a switch or button. The radio display is grainy, should have a higher matrix. These are small complaints, it would not stop me from buying the car. Good job Scion!