2009 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Great car if more mpg
By SAU on 08/23/08 13:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Everything is great but for somehow i get only 18 MPG on combined. On Local street, i get about 11.xx MPG which is lower than my GX470 which gets around 16 MPG. Maybe something is wrong with mine. I had another 08 xB Manual RS5.0 and that one gets 22 MPG local. Other than that, this is GREAT CAR. 1) Roomier than my GX470 2) Better leg room on back seat than my GX470 3) Performance is pretty good. 4) ABS and vehicle stability control are STANDARD!!! 5) Nice DVD / Navigation System. Nothing can go wrong with $17.000 MSRP. I paid $25,000 OTD with loaded TRDs and extended warranty. GREAT CAR.

You owe it to yourself to drive this car
By Tony B on 08/21/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We are new empty nesters and I wanted to trade my minivan on something fun. I'm 54, but still have a pulse and a zest for life. I took my wife to the Toyota dealer to show her the Tacoma I had picked out. The xB caught her eye instantly. As much as I wanted a truck, she convinced me to test drive the Scion. Why are women always right? This thing is so cool and so much fun to drive. It's responsive, the ride is unbelievably tight and quiet, and it has plenty of passenger room and cargo space. The standard features are great, and I like the no hassle pricing. We're picking it up tomorrow.

My little white SHOE
By Walt Stevens on 08/20/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well, I have been looking at the Scion Xb,s for some time. I went from an average of 14.7 ml/gal Truck to 26 ml/gal. Although the Xb is smaller on the road, it has a big roomy interior. Very good pick-up and has the go power when needed, a little bit bumpy ride but is tolerable, a little road noise but again is tolerable. My wife drove the XB for 4 days When I was out of town, she said she had more fun driving it then her new Toyota Avalon. told me that I could drive her car all the time. She loved the XB. . My Wife loves the interior and the extra leg room in the back, and My grand kids, think its a cool car over all. I did test drive other small cars , the Scion Xb won hands down.

Lovin my XB
By shelster on 08/18/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My XB is comfortable to drive. I love the easy access getting in. I love the roominess. It feels like your in a larger SUV. It's easy to park, turn and it looks great. I had it lowered. I get compliments on it daily.

I named her Stella!
By PDXScionLOVER on 08/14/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this new car-o-mine. The pick up, the go, the looks I get. I got the black cherry.. so sweet! A friend has the Toyota Cruiser, and is totally jealous if the interior space! Makes me feel like a 'cool-kid' with a conservative budget! :)

All Around Quality
By TexasTennisChamp on 08/11/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my SUV for a car with better mileage. I researched and test drove all of the competing brands and could not find a car with as much quality. I have been amazed at how much fun this car is to drive. It handles like a go-cart after driving an SUV for years. The power is great, much quicker than the SUV. Plus you can put it in manual shift and downshift for passing power. With the seats folder down i have put two 80 lbs. Dobermans in the back with plenty of room. The interior is very nice with comfortable seats and a great stereo. There are more standard features than in any other car I drove. The iPod connection is great with controls on the steering wheel. Great car!

My little Toaster!!
By Jake on 08/02/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The XB did a huge change in 08 with changing the look, They did well! I could not see myself driving an older XB but as soon as I saw the XB 5.0S I wanted one, I went back the next day when the dealership was open and they sold it 1hr before I got there, So I just got a base model, granted not the Gold rush color the pearl black is cool! I will add all the options like the 5.0S, but i am very happy with my purchase. I had a 03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally edition that was very reliable. I went to buy another lancer, but ran into the XB which didn't have as many options as the Lancer GTS but the quality and resale are probably better, best of all it was cheaper!

What a great car!
By Amy on 07/29/08 20:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my xB one day after my '98 Chevy Venture died. As soon as I drove it, I knew it was the car for me. Everything I wanted came standard and it was a great deal for the price. I now love the "unique" body style. It is roomy without being overly huge, is very comfortable and solid. I get about 25 mpg around town.

Love da Box
By Chaz on 07/26/08 10:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted something affordable, roomy, and unique. The Xb fits the bill. I really enjoy the ride, the look, the decent power, great sound system that syncs seamlessly with my iphone or ipod and the great ergonomics. I managed to "pimp" my Xb from the $17g starting price to $23g with options, tax, title, blah blah blah. Added the the 19"TRD rims/wheels, dealer installed power sunroof, spoiler, fog lights, XM radio to my black box and she's a looker!! Word to the wise: I lost about 5 mpg by upgrading to those rims/tires, they look AMAZING, but definitely cost you in mpg and ride quality on crappy pavement. Overall, the absolute best for my $. Salesperson and dealer have been top notch.

Love it!
By rzrbk1 on 07/26/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Went from a 2007 Durango Limited to the 2009 xB. We went from 14 mpg to 28 mpg (although to give the Durango credit. Yeah..it has a HEMI!. We weren't sure if we would like something as small as the xB with both of us being "real" sized people. The xB has a lot of room inside and is very comfortable. We have had it for about 2 months and have had no problems at all. It is surprisingly peppy for a 4 cyl and handles great!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Scion xB in VA is:

$113 per month*