Used 2009 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Peppy little Box
By Smitty

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 xB used with 5k miles on it. The guy before me had put $5k in features like wheels, spoiler, upgraded stereo and he even put light up door sill strips on it. I am completely satisfied with the features, price and reliability. This is probably the best investment I have ever made aside from buying a house. I recommend this vehicle to everybody even people taller than 6ft. I am 6'1" and 220 lbs and I feel like I am driving a school bus.

Favorite Features

The pioneer stereo with download capability and the cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Make the door arm rests higher and incorporate a telescoping steering wheel.

My New SCION
By Stephen Taylor

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Having put the first 1000 miles on my new SCION xB, I am very impressed with the power, drivability, and comfort. I am a big guy and I have plenty of leg and head room. The car itself seems much larger inside than one would expect. I am averaging 28.9 MPG so far, which I am very happy about as well. Overall, I could not be happier...

Favorite Features

Power, drivability, the ride,and fuel mileage...

Suggested Improvements

The console needs to be raised, it is too low...

I Love this Car
By Don

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am retired and I wanted a fun and economical car with space to carry things. I drove 12 cars before buying my xB. I like the ride, the handling, and the large cargo space. The car is responsive and fun to drive. To make it even more fun, I added several Toyota dealer installed products including a cold air intake, free flow exhaust, 18" wheels and performance tires. The normal good acceleration is now fantastic. Best of all, the highway mileage is now over 31 mpg.

Favorite Features

The crisp handling and the tight turning radius are my favorite features. I make long trips in this vehicle and I find the seats comfortable on long distance all-day drives.

Suggested Improvements

Originally I thought this car might need a 5 speed automatic transmission, but after driving it for 10,000 miles, I have decided I would change nothing.

scooter review
By davew

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After a lot of research, I traded my 2007 4 door Silvarado for my dream 2009 Stingray Metallic xb Auto. Looks like the best $17000 auto on the market. Wanted headroom, upright seating, all necessary features as standard, 25 mpg, and yeah, something different. I love it and the extra room in the garage. have 'aerodynimcs are overrated' and 'it's hip to be square' decals. 5000 miles and no problems.

Favorite Features

utility value, size vs. room, 158 hp, style, ease of entry, color, funky and different, programmable radio greeting.

Suggested Improvements

must improve front seat armrests. needs automatic headlights and running lights, Aftermarket options are way overpriced.

2nd Scion XB, Love em!
By Seattlescottb

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Son-in-law an XB 18 months ago, and when we got back to Seattle decided to buy myself one. I was looking at the Honda CRV, but at 10K more I just couldn't justify the cost. Granted the CRV is a more plush car, functionally they are very similar. I wish the XB had an extra 12v outlet, but other than that it's exceeded my expectations. After 1 week of driving we are averaging 25.7mpg, MUCH better than I expected. I didn't get many of the extras (unlike my Son-in-Laws car) but I did get the rear cargo deck. Only one other thing I'd be critical of is the Pioneer Radio. It has an SSR feature that I can't quite get right? Anyway, overall a wonderful, cost effective car.

Favorite Features

Good power, good visibility, great turning radius, better than expected mileage, comfortable seating, fits 4 adults easily, good cargo capacity. A great mini-mini van

Suggested Improvements

Dual 12v outlets, ground clearance in snow may be a problem.