Used 2009 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Review the Star
By Victor M.

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

No reservation with the 09 Scion I am delighted with the buy, would of love a 5 speed shift but its my work car and the reason for purchasing the car was for economic reason. The Scion has proven after three weeks of ownership a bit of a good move on my part. Economy is great, roomy, and fun to drive. The 2.4 engine make the Scion get and go, economy of the car is really see at the low speeds, the automatic trans could use an additional gear, keeping the RPMs around 1.8k when on the highway and would make the Scion that much more economic for highway use, but with a tight engine I got 315 miles on the first out of town trip. Please do not misunderstand the Scion is good on gasoline

Favorite Features

Steering, good corning, fine Air Cond, silver color, and overall looks

Suggested Improvements

a five speed automatic transmission for lower RPMs on highway speed (65 mph and above)

awesome joy ride
By hotmama

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I owned this car for almost 9 months now, and so far I do really enjoy the comfort of my car, sometimes id Rather seat in the back if my sister can drive for me nor my friends because the seats are so comfy specially the back seat. And its gas saver and the a/c is really really cold and I have plenty of room in the back, I need it for my son's stroller. And I really recommend this car you will never regret it.

Favorite Features

I had to get my own cd player I got mesmerize with the player I saw in the catalog so I had to get it. Which I did. They will install it for you for free too.

Suggested Improvements

so far nothing to improve it's all perfect for me. thanks

Love My Scion XB
By Susan Donatelli

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had my Scion XB for a week, but I just love the way it handles making turns, sitting in it is so comfortable, gas mileage is very good. It has so much room. It drives so smooth that I have to watch my speed because I don't realize that I'm going that fast. The drivers door arm rest could be a little higher but that isn't a big deal. Definitely would recommend it.

short people problem
By RatAttackTeam

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hard decision - xB or xD I bought the xB as the seat is adjustable, just not high enough. Maybe if the side mirrors weren't so big, they leave blind spots. Also I need to have the seat way forward so now window controls are hard to find and door arm rest too low. Otherwise I love the drive, ease of turning, gas mileage in town and instrument panel. Rides nice on our horrible streets too.

Favorite Features

Love the digital readout & off set instrument layout. Easy loading stuff in the back and very happy with mileage!

Suggested Improvements

Separate clock, higher seat adjustment, better door armrest & one for passenger on seat. Make middle compartment bigger so loose the extra what ever on the cup/mp3 holder.

Scion xB 2009
By sbs56

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleased with my xB - averaging 28+ mpg - 50/50 around town & highway driving (what is "so-so" about that?) - I'm sure it will average 30+ mpg on a long (highway) trip. Practical and fun to drive - 2.4L has plenty of pep. Interior is sparse but functional. I like the 2008+ body style - I receive a lot of compliments and there is plenty of room inside. I don't find the center mount gauges distracting and the steering wheel position is just fine. I find it interesting that "professional" reviewers generally knock the car yet actual owners love it.

Favorite Features

Appearance, fuel economy, fun-to-drive

Suggested Improvements

Offer interior upgrades, revisit pricing for options (way too high...)