2009 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Best ugly car I've purchased
By Mr. Teacher on 11/09/08 17:11 PM (PST)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I ordered my xB with only the floor mats and an upgraded stereo. I did choose the automatic transmission for my xB. Shortly after my purchase, I had to make a 2000 mile trip. At posted speeds, the car proved very solid on the road and achieved 32 MPG on the first 300 miles of the trip. The vehicle handles well in the city, and I quickly acclimated to the awkward interior which included the center mounted gauges. The shelf in front of the steering wheel was perfect for my GPS. My kids couldn't believe I bought such an "ugly car" until they got inside. The whole family loves the spacious interior and I love the great cost of ownership and the information display. Quite a bargain at 18K.

The Greatest
By bobk on 11/09/08 13:51 PM (PST)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The XB is the greatest. Great for large people both in the front and rear seats. 27-29 mpg on a regular basis. Easily cruises at 80+ mph on the open highway. Fun to drive. Also have a Porsche Boxster and would have to say I enjoy the XB more-makes my wife happy. The only negatives that I have are, like everyone else, is the armrest and mostly the lack of electrical outlets for cell phones, gps etc. This is really a stylish great car with great performance at a more than fair price.

Best Car Ever
By Jessica on 11/08/08 03:10 AM (PST)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm just in love with this vehicle. I traded in an '07 Nissan Altima which I absolutely hated and I'm so happy I did. There is not one thing I dislike about this car. It's so roomy but still small and incredibly fun to drive. I love how you sit up in it and can see out of it so well like an SUV. It's very peppy with the 2.4L engine and it handles perfectly. I have the Stingray color and it is just beautiful. I adore the styling of this car...it's so cute! This is an awesome ride for truly anyone. I'm a 25 year old girl on the go and it does everything I want it to. Test drive one of these and you will understand why this car rocks.

They got it right!
By Farpost on 11/02/08 17:53 PM (PST)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Decided to leave the SUV market and traded in my Tribute for the xB after the test drive. The ride, fit and finish and comfort can't be matched for an auto under $20,000 (tremendous bang for your buck). Toyota got it right with the 2nd generation xB. Well done!

Gold rush 314
By EntropyGold on 10/25/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just took my 2008 gold rush 5.0 #314 for its 10,000 mile oil change. This has been the best car I have owned. This is my everyday driver to work 100 miles round to NYC, and my toy box on the weekend. Easy to buy without the BS. Very fun to drive. I added a TRD cold air intake and it gets up and goes better then my Hemi Magnum! I have a Thule roof rack for my 17' kayak and bike at the same time. Love it or hate it the Xb is a lot for little money, and gets noticed more and I get more questions then cars I have spent 3 times the amount on. Not the car for you if you like to hide. Enjoy!

Trd is a must
By STEVE on 10/12/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Looking for a car/SUV this is a great pic with a Toyota build. My was bought for $17,091. Always go with a credit union for the best deal. Sticker was 20k included upgraded radio tint and fog lights. I had the dealer add trd air intake, lowering springs, grill, rear wind deflector, cargo box. It rides well with near 50/50 weight transfer with very little body roll. Floor it and it sounds like a turbo. The ride is quick for a 167.3 inch ride. Next is a trd supercharger duel borla exhaust, this will hit just over 300 hp.

Great little Car
By Tdelane on 10/12/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great around town car. The digital speedo is the best I have ever seen. The instrument panel has excellent visibility in bright sun or dark of night. The interior is very roomy. Great for "big" people. Plenty of head room. As much room as the old '60s cars. It come with all the important options, side airbags, cruise control, combo shift auto tranny, excellent radio, The 2.4L engine is a joy to drive very peppy. The under the hood quality is the best I have ever seen.. The rear seats are very roomy, even for big people. Rear Seats down lots of cargo room. The mileage meter shows 25 mpg around town, 30/35 freeway (meter included). Very Happy with car. My wife loves it.

THIS IS THE CAR TO OWN!
By thepkusa on 10/10/08 16:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2006 Scion xB - loved it! But wanted more comfort, so got the 2009. Feels and drives like a Camry, with all the amenities of a small SUV. Absolutely LOVE it - would buy another one in a heartbeat!

Best of both WORLDS
By YouthPastor on 10/04/08 06:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had many new cars in the last 11-yrs. 2 Grand Prixs, Grand Am, Dakota, Colorado, Town & Country, Spectra, Ranger, Sable and now the Scion XB 09' So far, the Scion is THE BEST car I've ever owned. My 3 kids (7,5,1) fit in the back seat with car seats. Only the Van has done that..and the GP but with denting the interior armrests. Has tether point for all back seats (lower & Upper). Tons of Trunk space. Every Safety feature, trac control, stability control, brake assist, anti-lock, 6 Airbags (that alone is worth half the value of the XB). A very powerful 4-cyl while being very fuel efficient! Getting 30 mpg avg. Head-turning style. Great ride. Fun to drive. GREAT resale value!

From BMW X5 to Scion xB
By Former BMW Owner on 09/29/08 05:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I went from driving a BMW X5 4.4i to Scion xB and I don't regret the move. The xB is fun to drive and handles great! This purchase made economic sense and I recommend it as it averaging about 27-28 MPG. One of the easiest cars to get in and out of, very roomy inside. Lots of standard feature for the low price. I just can't say enough good things about it. It comes from a company that i feel is very reliable when it comes to maintenance as my second vehicle is a 98 4Runner which has 198,688 and still running with no problem.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Scion xB Wagon in VA is:

$113 per month*