Used 2009 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Great set of features for the price
By nitido357

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this xB for about a month and a half and I'm still loving it like the first day. Many xB1 detractors decry the increased size, but I love it. The car is more comfortable than any mid-size car. It is also quite fuel efficient considering that you are still driving a box at 65-70 mph. Recently got 34 mpg on 2hr trip to OKC, quite hilly at times. My family of 5 fits quite easily on short and longish trips. The wife loves the cargo space, which is much better than the '07 Pacifica she drives around town.

Favorite Features

Everything. For under 20k in dollars, this car gives you a lot. Seamless iPod integration is a plus. Stock Pioneer equipment is very nice. Safety feature set is excellent for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Wish bluetooth was built-in, but I can deal. The Kia Soul has it, but I've always been a scion guy. Sun visors are useless. 4-speed auto? Would def. benefit from a 5th gear. Toyota added a USB interface with the '10 xB..wish I waited

Neat Ride
By Craig

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for its looks and special features. It is a Absolutely Red, series 6 with upgraded floor mats, fog lights, bumper protector, Nav. system standard on this one. I was looking at an xd but really liked this special addition. So long story short I love it. Had to put some black and chrome wheels on it so I spent right at 20k for it. I get about 4 more miles to the gal. city/hwy than what was on the msrp. Quality is outstanding for the price and the Toyota quality control sure shows in this car. Only drive about 4500 miles a year but some day someone is going to get a great used car. Neat Ride

Favorite Features

Looks of exterior, Nav system, series 6 limited addition only 2500 built

Suggested Improvements

do away with the worthless arm rest. Available leather seating.

Balance the car
By JBE

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love the XB but it needs some visual balance. First the single backup light needs a partner to balance the bumper. Also, annoying is the fact only one armrest is provided but at least it is for the driver. And one final" want" for my XB would be dual pipes to really make a power statement. I guess it is the old v-8 mindset that I grew up with in the 60s.

Favorite Features

The highway ride feels great. I drive an HHR for my job and altho pleased I prefer my XB because of the better view and more space in the interior.Also I like the XB because there is not a saturation of them on the road as compared to the PT cruisers and HHRs.

Suggested Improvements

I already stated at the beginning of my missive.

Not great but a good compromise
By Ron

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just finished reading a review about the Soul,Cube, and the XB. Scion is head over shoulders over the competition. I love the comfort, unlike Honda’s board covered up with fabric, when you sit on a Scion you feel like you’re on your lazyboy at home not as though you’re in some Chinese torture camp bench. Safety was a must for me, side curtain airbags, dual airbags, ABS, VSC, 4 wheel disk brakes, etc. I also love how everything is included in the pricing, none of this “oh you wanted a steering wheel? Well that’s extra” crap. This thing is loaded. Gas mileage. The 4 speed automatic transmission has got to go and be replaced with a 5 speed. This is key for MPG. As it stands now the gas mileag

Favorite Features

e is tolerable but I wouldn’t call it good. I’m getting about 24 miles to the gallon. Also, people putting mileage figures on here don’t be lazy, do the math and don’t just put up what the trip computer tells you up here! Overall good vehicle, I have 2 teenagers and they fit well.Buy a hitchitsgreat

Suggested Improvements

The driver arm rest is a joke The one backup light is retarded add another one for better visibility Fix Gas light to turn on when only 1 gallon remains and the new little red light Ford has for the blind spot would be awesome as there is a blind spot on the XB. Be the original and not the copy.

It was worth the Change!
By stormancast

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car had pretty much what I was looking for. 1. Space the back seat room is bigger than my wife 2002 Durango, 2. Good size cargo area, 3. Decent engine size/Power, and 4. Decent Mileage. I have already put 1800 miles on and enjoy driving it. It has a lot of of spunk and great turn radius. I did my research and test drove many compact cars that was in the same price range. Nothing seemed to compare to the XB. When I work from Home my wife steals it from me. The only negatives would be the arm rest, the power plug needs the key in the ignition and door console needs to be higher. overall I love the car.

Favorite Features

Room in the car, Performance, steering wheel control. shelf underneath the back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the armrest and add one for the passenger, add another power plug that does not require key in the ignition. Raise the door console.