2009 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
All around comfort and reliability
By metallicatruck on 06/14/08 17:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car for just less than a week and I am already extremely pleased with its performance. The car has a great little "pick up and go" style to it. Plenty of room on the inside and easy access for the disabled/elderly. Great car for the price.

A Fun Car/SUV
By Greg on 06/11/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well, I traded in my 4.7L Toyota Tundra for the Scion Xb earlier this week. I went from an average of 14.7 ml/gal to 26 ml/gal. Although the Xb is small on the road, it has a big roomy interior. Very good pick-up and go power, a little bit bumpy ride but is tolerable, a little road noise but again is tolerable. The Xb is fun to take exit ramps fast, handling curves with ease, comparable to go-cart handling, little body roll. My family loves the interior and the extra leg room in the back, and they think its a cool car over all. I did test drive many cars such as Chevy HHR, Subaru impreza & forester, Ford escape, focus, fusion, the Scion Xb won hands down.

Love my XB
By kelmack on 06/10/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving a suburban since 2001. I recently totaled the vehicle and had to purchase something new. I was looking for something with good gas mileage, smaller, not too small, lots of leg room and could still haul stuff in the back if need be. The Scion XB was the perfect solution. I absolutely love this vehicle and look forward to driving it. I haven't found anything negative about it. I added the spoiler, and leather. It's a great car!

Terrific Vehicle for the Money
By Perry on 06/10/08 08:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle after extended research on comparable vehicles; there really is no other that offers this kind of space/efficiency for the price. On the first test drive I was smitten with the overall feel and build quality and decided to purchase then (of course no mention of this to the salesman). The car handles just like a small car, the power is much better than expected and the noise levels during driving are very low. It feels as though this is a more expensive car than the sticker indicates and that itself is very impressive. The manual transmission is silky smooth and engagement of the gears is quite accurate with a solid high quality feel. Sound system is great, buy it!

A whole lotta car for the bucks...
By Great family car! on 06/04/08 17:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Owned this little dickens nearly 2 weeks..We love it!Mpg is around 24-26 in a 50-50 mix..It likes to scoot. We love the deep burgundy color. Hope to add wheels and spoiler at a later date.Traded a Highlander with 135,000 miles. Hope the Scion is nearly as good to us..This is affordable and fun..Give it a shot! Big Camry motor.

New to me, but I like it
By Bruce Lampley on 06/01/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We now have 250 miles on our xB(ox). Things I like include the stying, performance. I like the cruise control. Other cars I've driven will downshift and floor the gas if you hit the break and then resume cruise. Not this Toyota system. Resume = smooth return to previous speed. Things I don't like. I'm short (5'7") and hit my knees on the steering column getting in and out. Would it have broken the bank to put a second arm rest for the front passenger? Would prefer an analog speedo rather than digital.

Old Folks Car
By Ed McCormack on 05/21/08 13:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am 66 and 6'4" 280# and I was looking for a suv that I could fit in and get good gas mileage. My Scion xb 09 is great. Plenty of room and more pep than I ever thought it could have. Don't hesitate and don't listen to your grandchildren when they say "box"; they change their minds when the see it. If you are in Houston call Beth at Fred Haas Toyota in Spring; when my 95 Tahoe quit on the day we were to pick up our new xb she drove 80 miles to pick us up. Service beyond the call. Hard to find these days. We are not related or anything. Ed

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Scion xB Wagon in NJ is:

$194 per month*