2009 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
A Car For Any Age
By xFistsClenchedx on 07/25/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my xB! I have 800+ miles on my xB at the moment. It's quick, I'm averaging around 27mpg, rides nicely and is comfortable. It really is a vehicle for everyone. Older/disabled folks will love that it's easy to get in and out of and younger people will love how amazing xB's look lowered with different wheels/tires. I purchased the floor mats, sport steering wheel, upgraded pioneer head unit and rear bumper appliqué. The sound system is great for stock. Although it's not recommended, some people do light towing with their xB's (such as one Waverunner or one ATV). Visibility is quite good. Windows are large and you have a great view of everything. The xB is very safe as well.

Great family mover
By toasterdriver on 07/22/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the xB as I was looking to upsize (2 growing kids) from a Nissan Sentra. I looked at the Dodge Caliber, Chevy HHR, Hyundai Sonata, and Volkswagen Jetta. Not only did the xB beat all of them on price and options, but it is a wonderfully fun yet practical car. The fit and finish were excellent. Standard options were unmatched. But the space , the inside is cavernous. The back seat passengers (my kids) have more room than I have seen in most SUVs, let alone cars. It has excellent power and pickup, even with the a/c on full blast. Even if you end up buying something else, this is a car you owe it to yourself to at least check out.

Great new car
By malbertsen1 on 07/21/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just had the car for 3 days and I really enjoy driving it. After months of searching for a new vehicle my husband and I finally decided on a new xB. The price and being made by Toyota is what sold us. We got the fog lamps, rear fin, upgraded wheels, in the new stingray metal.

Kids want to "pimp" our ride.
By J&C Dillow on 07/20/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Looking for a car to downsize from the family minivan. This little car caught our attention as soon as we drove onto the lot.Great looks, cool color (stingray). Test drive was impressive, roominess was impressive. Interior design is good. We have two almost teenagers, they think it is cool. Front and rear room was surprising. We didn't want anything we hit our heads on as we entered, this doesn't happen. We don't feel closed in, like the vehicle is touching us on all sides or laying on our head (our height 6' and 5'7"). Don't have to squat or fall into the seat. Seat height is good for entering and exiting. Completely satisfied so far.Owned the car one month.Kids want to "pimp" our ride.

Fun car
By CENCALMIKE on 07/18/08 23:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just got my scion a few days ago. I love it. I'm always on the road, so the gas mileage is great and it fun to drive.

fun driving mini box
By john on 07/18/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2000 GMC Yukon XL (210,000 mileage) for this BOX. It was a Great car to drive and I do not miss my yukon XL at all. My family loves it too.

John's Review
By John on 07/13/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had it for 2 days now and I love it. I traded in a 2006 Xb that I was very happy with as well, and I have to say it's definitely an improvement. I am very pleased with the exterior, and interior. It rides very smooth, and the electronic power steering is very responsive. It's a great vehicle.

We love our 2009 Scion XB
By K Planellas on 07/08/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After trying out over 20 different vehicles my husband asked me to look at a Scion XB. With our 1st visit to the 1st dealer we were sunk and it became only a matter of time before we would buy one. Then the day came that we were shown the new 2009 color, Stingray and that was it. Next day we bought it. We love the handling of the car, the roominess inside, and the sound system is terrific. The seats are quite comfortable for us. We've tinted the windows even darker, added custom chrome rims, and it's added to the overall look. For the price we feel we've gotten a wonderful vehicle that is fun to drive and meets all our requirements. We are averaging 26 mpg on city streets, not bad!

Wow! (I say it louder!)
By jc on 07/06/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm 6'4" and this is a perfect car for me. I've been a big truck person, but I have less need for that size vehicle. I really enjoy this feisty little wagon. I have back problems, but the car's seats fit me perfectly and I can drive hundreds of miles with no pain. It is no sports car, but it is sporty and fun to drive. I have music gear I haul around frequently, so it's a great "gigging" car. My two kids dig it as well. I like the automatic, it shifts just when I think it should and compliments the torquey 2.4 L well. The sound system is decent too, supporting 3 digital music formats on CD, plus a cool iPod interface. For the money, it's hard to beat. Toyota did good with this car.

Here's your Scion
By tb8173 on 07/03/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 06 Element. I drove that car for 1.75 years. I hate the suicide doors and the road noise. I went to Scion for a giggle to see if I could get a decent deal on XB well I did. I test drove it and fell in love with instantly. I have had it for about two weeks now. I absolutely love this little car. I drives like a dream, has 4 doors and is quite unlike the Element.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Scion xB in NJ is:

$194 per month*