Used 2009 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Very cool car but in the end UNIMPRESSIVE
By Big Daddy WC

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Good: Huge interior. I am 6'3" and have plenty of headroom. Legroom for the driver is average. Front Seat passenger legroom is good. You can lay the back seats down and haul a bunch. Peppy engine and sound system is good. Handles really well. Toyota Camry engine so it is a reliable engine. The Bad: - The seats. Horrible. Arm rest for the driver is way to low and slender. Worthless. The passenger arm rest is... wait, there is NO armrest. Really?? Only 1 power adapter in the entire vehicle. The center console is tiny, too low and pretty much useless. The trim is cheap. The weather stripping on the driver's side window lost its felt (or whatever it is) and the window bound up on the stripping when lowering it. Car Max extended warranty would not cover. Had to take a razor and cut it out, else spend $500 for a new door panel. The ride is horrible. You feel every bump. If you are just using this for a trip here and there around town or for short commutes then it is ok. I am using for a daily commute and it is abysmal. There really is no intermittent wiper. The intermittent setting can't be adjusted so it is just a lower low setting. There is a horrible blind spot on the passenger side when backing out of parking spaces. The fenders, hood, etc will dent if a leaf falls on it. I barely leaned up against it and accidentally dented it. Overall: If you want a car for short commutes or a safe car for teen drivers then this is it. Otherwise buy a Camry or Corolla.

2009 XB Fun even for an old guy
By ocived

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daughter in Aug. of 08 after she moved to Colorado in '12 and needed a AWD I took it off her hands, since I'd need a car in a year or so. I love driving it. Very quick off the line and @4000 the VVT kicks in and it's on. For a 2.4 L. 4 cyl wagon it's a blast to drive. Toyota quality is all over this car. 83,000 + and no maintenance issues. One recall for coil packs R&R was it.

Styling, interior room, seat comfort, reliability, sound system, steering controls.

More wiper speeds. Better MPG Average is 27 Hwy.

For me, it's perfect
By garyxb

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it off showroom floor 5 years ago and it has never given me even the tinyest problem. It averages 25 mpg in town and 32 on the hwy. I'm an old guy and performance is no longer nearly as important as ergonomics. It is the easiest car I have seen to get in and out of. The ride could be a tad smoother, but it is a minor enough complaint. Handling and performance are not Porsche-like, but are crisp , and are fine for what it is.

Its utility. Love the fold down rear seats and large carrying capacity.

The ride quality

Happy
By Happy

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok so I owned a 2004 scion Xb and I bought it when it was brand new. It had 130,000 miles on it. Never had a problem not one with any part of the car. Earlier this year I got into an accident and my car was totaled. I decided to go with what I know and love. The Xb is a reliable car, great on gas, roomy. I know every one complains about the arm rest but after owning the original I'm ecstatic to have one at all. I would recommend this car to anyone.

The upgraded stereo, the signals on the mirrors

None

oldvet53's '9 scion xb
By oldvet53

2009 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i love this little car! it get's good mpg. and love's twisty back roads. i drive to the V.A. at Little Rock, Arkansas which is 100 miles away and usually spend about $20.00-$22.00 on the round trip. i am able to get 24 mpg. around town.

Economy, performance, layout of controls and inst. Premium stereo, auto- transmission.

more power and rear sway bar as std. equipment. and performance suspension up grade.