Used 2009 Scion xB Base Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Great
By Cody Sigmon

Great compact car
By Liwingard@gmail.com

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so fast and reliable, great on gas, cheap to fix, beverages. Never breaks down

LOVE IT!
By sandy c

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this Car. I had a Focus and it drove terrible and only got about 27 mpg. I researched on Edmunds and saw all the good comments so I decided to try the XB because it is like a suv but better on mileage and had a standard transmission; I just like manual. It was everything I could have wanted, lots of airbags and my elderly father can get in and out easy.

Love the radio with i-pod connector, mpg is as good and even better than my previous car but this is larger. I have already taken road trips with the back loaded with dog crates and bags. I like that it is like an suv but without the extra cost and my insurance actually went DOWN! WOW!

Seats are not very comfortable for long trips. Armrest is awkward. I only use it on long trips because it gets in the way with shifting. Otherwise, I can't think of anything I would change.

Fast sleeper
By Autocrosser

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. I replaced a gas guzzler, 18 mpg, with this 27+ mpg, 80% hiway use car. I towed my race car with the replaced suv, and now I am autocrossing the xb. I've finished first in every event this year, 12. I load up my overnight gear; sleeping bag, mattress, food, cooler, clothes, and helmet, and off I go. She rides smooth and quick, plenty of power.

Looks really cool, drives like a sports car. Room for a lot of gear. Great view of road. The brakes could not be better.

A telescoping steering wheel.Firmer driver's seat.Self tinting mirrors.

It was worth the Change!
By stormancast

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car had pretty much what I was looking for. 1. Space the back seat room is bigger than my wife 2002 Durango, 2. Good size cargo area, 3. Decent engine size/Power, and 4. Decent Mileage. I have already put 1800 miles on and enjoy driving it. It has a lot of of spunk and great turn radius. I did my research and test drove many compact cars that was in the same price range. Nothing seemed to compare to the XB. When I work from Home my wife steals it from me. The only negatives would be the arm rest, the power plug needs the key in the ignition and door console needs to be higher. overall I love the car.

Room in the car, Performance, steering wheel control. shelf underneath the back seat.

Improve the armrest and add one for the passenger, add another power plug that does not require key in the ignition. Raise the door console.