Used 2009 Scion xB Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

LOVE IT!
By sandy c

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this Car. I had a Focus and it drove terrible and only got about 27 mpg. I researched on Edmunds and saw all the good comments so I decided to try the XB because it is like a suv but better on mileage and had a standard transmission; I just like manual. It was everything I could have wanted, lots of airbags and my elderly father can get in and out easy.

Love the radio with i-pod connector, mpg is as good and even better than my previous car but this is larger. I have already taken road trips with the back loaded with dog crates and bags. I like that it is like an suv but without the extra cost and my insurance actually went DOWN! WOW!

Seats are not very comfortable for long trips. Armrest is awkward. I only use it on long trips because it gets in the way with shifting. Otherwise, I can't think of anything I would change.

Fast sleeper
By Autocrosser

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. I replaced a gas guzzler, 18 mpg, with this 27+ mpg, 80% hiway use car. I towed my race car with the replaced suv, and now I am autocrossing the xb. I've finished first in every event this year, 12. I load up my overnight gear; sleeping bag, mattress, food, cooler, clothes, and helmet, and off I go. She rides smooth and quick, plenty of power.

Looks really cool, drives like a sports car. Room for a lot of gear. Great view of road. The brakes could not be better.

A telescoping steering wheel.Firmer driver's seat.Self tinting mirrors.

It was worth the Change!
By stormancast

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car had pretty much what I was looking for. 1. Space the back seat room is bigger than my wife 2002 Durango, 2. Good size cargo area, 3. Decent engine size/Power, and 4. Decent Mileage. I have already put 1800 miles on and enjoy driving it. It has a lot of of spunk and great turn radius. I did my research and test drove many compact cars that was in the same price range. Nothing seemed to compare to the XB. When I work from Home my wife steals it from me. The only negatives would be the arm rest, the power plug needs the key in the ignition and door console needs to be higher. overall I love the car.

Room in the car, Performance, steering wheel control. shelf underneath the back seat.

Improve the armrest and add one for the passenger, add another power plug that does not require key in the ignition. Raise the door console.

this is a drivers car
By vb xb

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2009 xb last year and I love it. This car is great on gas despite what the critics say, I average 28 mpg with the 5 speed manual. I needed something bigger than a car to carry my tools but still got good gas millage and was sporty. I get compliments all the time on its looks and back seat space. I want to add the trd clutch, shifter and maybe the intercooler eventually but I am really happy I bought this wagon. The cd player upgrade is a must for any die hard music lover, I got mine upgraded for free! Thanks checkerd flag Toyota. All in all this is one bad a$$ little toaster and I know it will last me for years to come.

the 5 speed manual, cd player and the head and leg room im six two and feel great driving this on long trips.

better lighting inside and maybe passenger arm rest

Review the Star
By Victor M.

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

No reservation with the 09 Scion I am delighted with the buy, would of love a 5 speed shift but its my work car and the reason for purchasing the car was for economic reason. The Scion has proven after three weeks of ownership a bit of a good move on my part. Economy is great, roomy, and fun to drive. The 2.4 engine make the Scion get and go, economy of the car is really see at the low speeds, the automatic trans could use an additional gear, keeping the RPMs around 1.8k when on the highway and would make the Scion that much more economic for highway use, but with a tight engine I got 315 miles on the first out of town trip. Please do not misunderstand the Scion is good on gasoline

Steering, good corning, fine Air Cond, silver color, and overall looks

a five speed automatic transmission for lower RPMs on highway speed (65 mph and above)