Used 2009 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

2009 XB Fun even for an old guy
By ocived

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daughter in Aug. of 08 after she moved to Colorado in '12 and needed a AWD I took it off her hands, since I'd need a car in a year or so. I love driving it. Very quick off the line and @4000 the VVT kicks in and it's on. For a 2.4 L. 4 cyl wagon it's a blast to drive. Toyota quality is all over this car. 83,000 + and no maintenance issues. One recall for coil packs R&R was it.

Favorite Features

Styling, interior room, seat comfort, reliability, sound system, steering controls.

Suggested Improvements

More wiper speeds. Better MPG Average is 27 Hwy.

For me, it's perfect
By garyxb

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it off showroom floor 5 years ago and it has never given me even the tinyest problem. It averages 25 mpg in town and 32 on the hwy. I'm an old guy and performance is no longer nearly as important as ergonomics. It is the easiest car I have seen to get in and out of. The ride could be a tad smoother, but it is a minor enough complaint. Handling and performance are not Porsche-like, but are crisp , and are fine for what it is.

Favorite Features

Its utility. Love the fold down rear seats and large carrying capacity.

Suggested Improvements

The ride quality

Happy
By Happy

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok so I owned a 2004 scion Xb and I bought it when it was brand new. It had 130,000 miles on it. Never had a problem not one with any part of the car. Earlier this year I got into an accident and my car was totaled. I decided to go with what I know and love. The Xb is a reliable car, great on gas, roomy. I know every one complains about the arm rest but after owning the original I'm ecstatic to have one at all. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

The upgraded stereo, the signals on the mirrors

Suggested Improvements

None

oldvet53's '9 scion xb
By oldvet53

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i love this little car! it get's good mpg. and love's twisty back roads. i drive to the V.A. at Little Rock, Arkansas which is 100 miles away and usually spend about $20.00-$22.00 on the round trip. i am able to get 24 mpg. around town.

Favorite Features

Economy, performance, layout of controls and inst. Premium stereo, auto- transmission.

Suggested Improvements

more power and rear sway bar as std. equipment. and performance suspension up grade.

Something different
By Ardie

2009 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven a Camry for the past 6 years; a nice but terribly boring car in every way. I was looking for something safe as my oldest just turned 16, and the Camry had no side airbags, ABS or traction control. The XB is fun to drive, very safe, better in the snow than the Camry, incredibly roomy, has a small turning radius, and a reasonably smooth ride. I drive 30 miles each way to work, and I'm averaging 28 MPG at about 70 MPH. On long trips I've exceeded 31 MPG. The car is a like a Tardis, small on the outside but huge on the inside. And I'm very confident in the safety features for my new driver. I like having a car you don't see everywhere.

Favorite Features

Roominess, turning radius, ipod interface, mileage, unique styling, center-mounted instrument cluster, comfortable driving position, and safety.

Suggested Improvements

Factory installed SUNROOF!!! You can't get one, and I really miss having one. I don't want to pay for an aftermarket sunroof. And I'm in agreement with other reviewers, the armrest is ridiculous.