2008 Scion xB Consumer Review: Fun, Reliable Vehicle

2008 Scion xB - Consumer Review

2008 Scion xB

Base Wagon (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Fun, Reliable Vehicle
By summamum on

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am an original owner of an '08 XB which now has 58k miles; I have been satisfied with Toyota quality as I have driven them since 1980. I don't expect luxury, just practicality and affordability. With the XB I have gotten both. I can't expect this vehicle, or any other, to be forever free of
mechanical problems since every car will eventually be in need of repairs. Thus far, I've only had to repair shaky brakes due to warped rooters [?] and Scion did require a recall for a faulty power window button, which was covered by the warranty.

I am satisfied with this XB and I would purchase one again and recommend one. It is stylish and fun to drive. I can always depend on Toyota.

I think the XB runs well with respect to gas mileage and handling; however, the one thing I don't like is that it feels like it can tip over on occasions [on driveways]; it is rather roomy and it has several higher-end amenities which come standard, such as cruise control, Ipod, CD player, etc.

The front bumper can scrape the ground. It feels like it will tip over. The radio knob broke off. The viser on the driver's side no longer stays in place.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review