My Oil Burner, w/ no warrentee
By Oil burner,not warr. on
2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
We purchased a new efficient car 6/2008 when gas prices spiked to $4 per gallon. Well I thought I was making a good decision, but instead our car has had a constant spongy brake pedal, blown transmission at 22000, which was fixed under warranty. The brakes still are spongy and car does not stop well in snow! But this is the kicker My car burns 2.5 quarts of oil every 5000 miles! Toyota's engineers says "There standards are 1 liter of oil burn per 5000 miles is acceptable" The dealer and Corp. Toyota say they WILL NOT put an engine in! So the reallity is I'm paying $400 per mth + insurance for something we don't drive. I will NEVER buy a Toyota Again!!!
Favorite Features
Why does Toyota advertise Scion as a "Toyota Scion", but not a "Toyota Lexus", but when you have an issue with you "Scion", it turns in to just a Scion, and Toyota wants nothing to do with you or my Toyota Scion? That is called False Advertisement on a National Level!
Suggested Improvements
Back your Warranty! We have 42000 miles on our car with a 60000 mile warranty, and it's burning almost 3 quarts of oil per 5000 miles. Which is more than there standards! Message to all owners, Have your engine oil measured, at the time of your oil change! 4 Qts go in 4 Qts should come out