2008 Scion xB Consumer Review: First in Wa. State for the '08

2008 Scion xB - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

First in Wa. State for the '08 xb!
By tommyboy69 on

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After a lot of research, I found that most cars simply do not accommodate tall guys like me. This one is S-W-E-E-T! I am absolutely thrilled with the vehicle. Utterly dependable, Highly "customizeable"(new word for me there... lol). Mileage could be better, as this year has the aging Camry 2.4L. I am averaging about 34 mpg, with mixed cargo and passengers. This is the fourth Toyota I have bought, from the '76 Corolla, to my convertible '81 Corolla SR5 w/the 3tc. Kicking myself for ever selling that one, but the Scion more than soothes those old wounds. Summary: great head room, decent mileage, and always great to be the first on the block with a toy. Two BIG thumbs up!

Cruise control is a little quirky, but is adequate, stock stereo is wma/mp3, But iPod jack is in center console - don't know what they were thinking there. Rear door takes some getting used to with key control (have to press "unlock" twice. Seats are really firm, but suitable. Overall, great car.

Change the iPod location! Add a passenger armrest - stock only has driver rest :-( Can't find a class 2 hitch, probably have to custom one from local shop (only have one of those $199 "folding" trailers", haul a jet ski, etc).