Best kept Secret
By Dan on
2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
The xB may be the best kept secret of the year.Mine is an awesome conveyance, [this, from someone who has owned about 30 vehicles and did for over 25 years, drive over 40K miles per year. As with my '94 Previa AWD van that has 260K and still runs well, my xB is no disappointment when it comes to reliability,[not a single problem yet],and now that it has 20K and the engine has settled in, I just observed over 30 MPG [only got about 25 whthru the Mt.s of WV, and the hills of VA/PA, [this, with over 500 lbs of luggage/demo gear plus my 230+ wt.]. It has plenty of acceleration and although suspension could be stiffer, [I could cure that for a few hundred $ in factory add-ons], it's fine, as is.
Favorite Features
As an impaired person, I appreciate Xb's ht. which allows for easy exit/entry It has no power seats, yet is extremely comfortable to drive and I never feel as if I am in a small or cheaply-built ride. It comes w/traction control, limited slip, tire pressure monitor, and more. I love this thing.
Suggested Improvements
Paint seems a little thin. Some think that it's OK to bang their doors into it, [sour grapes? Boys, it wasn't the Asian mfgrs. who set lease mileage so low that you would only drive a car an avg. of 12K mi/year. They don't mind their cars having 100 K on them]. I think that a 5 spd. would add mpg.