2008 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
City Driving
By City Driver on 06/13/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For the price, this is one of the best vehicles I've owned. Quick, nimble, practical, reliable, and stylish. Fuel mileage is adequate, but nothing to brag about: 18-20 mpg city, 27-32 mpg highway. Above speeds of 70 mph, and/or with the a/c, the fuel mileage drops quickly. The interior is quiet, and visibility is very good, except the low top of the front windshield causes me to stay back from stoplights a little more than normal. Drawbacks: only one speed for variable front windshield wiper, no lock on the glove box, and rear seats are not comfortable on longer trips. Overall, the XB is inexpensive, reliable, roomy, and a great value. I highly recommend a test drive.

Little Car that Could
By JettAntonio on 06/12/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my xB last week & I'm very happy & impressed. This car almost has everything. It's big enough of to fit 5 full adults with still enough cargo space but not too big to park on a compact parking space. The MPG isn't so bad considering the trade off. The center speedometer takes awhile getting used to but it's an a safety improvement. It's very ideal that side curtain airbags and VSC come standard. If you are shopping for a bigger car, give this car a try. Take it for a spin & decide for yourself. & if you do, we look forward to reading your reviews here.

Glad I Waited
By gwoodjr on 06/11/08 21:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I reviewed by driving and reading (Edmunds, of course) a lot of cars for over a year before deciding to test drive the xB. I was impressed immediately with the comfort, practicality, drivability, and value of the Scion. I wanted a car that I could haul stuff in, sleep in if necessary, and would look smart around town doing so. I quickly put a hitch on the end to enable the transport of two bicycles and can state you cannot tell two bicycles are mounted to the back end. The car has easy ingress and egress which makes my elderly mother happy. The sound system is great and how many value cars come with stock tinted windows? Totally cool. This is one quick, nimble, easy to drive car.

Fun to Drive
By Frank on 05/30/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first "small" vehicle, I have had a Dodge Durango for the past 10 years, mostly for the towing ability. This car is great and fun to drive. I am a 400 pound guy and I have plenty of room. Gas mileage is very good. The ride is much better than I expected. Plenty of get up and go and a quiet ride. The sound system is good with plenty of power. I just ordered the XM receiver.

Exceptional bang 4 the buck!
By tom on 05/18/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A blast to drive! Mine is the 5.0 release series, in gold. (only way to get a factory sunroof) as a 55 yr male, I get a lot of looks, and laughs as well. Has a "gangster car" interior feel to it. Tons of headroom, lots of space between you and the windshield. Front seats-backs a bit soft, but accommodating. Takes a little to get used to. Low seating height, high door sills might be a problem for shorter drivers, but is really where the vibe of this vehicle comes from. Definite blind spots in rear pillars. 4-speed auto-trans ratios are perfect. Some reviewers mention the need of a 5 speed, I disagree. I don't believe the 2.4 motor could pull it. Too quick to downshift.

the xB IS golden
By AerBer on 05/15/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our first xB in 2003 manual transmission, it works we have over 150,000 miles on it. We needed a 2nd car with a little more room and an automatic...The answer was golden - the 2008 xB with the moonroof. It is just the right size, fun to drive, with the larger engine, the gas mileage not too bad. However, it does need some noiseproofing... Nevertheless we love our new goldmember. Now we're going to bring it to Lombards (the Car Stereo Store) in San Luis Obispo for serious Dynamat.

New xB
By xB Owners on 05/09/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I purchased this car as a replacement - my car was dieing. This xB is awesome! It drives great, and is very comfortable - a great buy for the money. The ride is a tad bouncy on the highway. A lot more room than you think! I thought it was weird looking at first, and now I think it's super cute! Gas mileage is good, but gas seems to run out fast. I HIGHLY recommend this car! Toyota Reliability and solidly built!

Love it!
By Jen on 05/05/08 13:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am absolutely in love with my XB! I traded in my Cavalier coupe and I am loving the room in the XB. My fiance who is 6'4 could not fit in my old car and was amazed at how much room the XB has. Everyone that sees the interior is shocked at how big it is since it looks so small from the outside. I got it in white and I love the way it looks with the tinted windows and the dark interior. Very happy with all of the standard features, I have not added any options at all. I shopped around for almost 6 months trying to find the "perfect" car for me and this is it. When compared to other similar vehicles, the XB really gives you more features for less money.

A few days in.
By Genki on 05/05/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car about 3 days ago and already I can see some fantastic features. Some of the notable upgrades from my '05 Chevy Colorado are the center mounted gauges that make it easier for someone like myself being 6'3", to see them without the steering wheel interfering. This is the first vehicle outside of larger SUVs and some of the larger extended cab trucks that allow a 6'+ person to sit directly behind a 6'+ driver and not have to be awkwardly positioned to the side. Last thing to mention is that the only upgrade I have with mine is the improved sound system with the stereo head unit that includes the RCA outputs, which is the best system for the money that I've seen yet.

Found the Perfect Match
By Daren on 05/05/08 09:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After owning a Mazda3 sedan for a year then a Ford Escape for a year I finally found the vehicle that is perfect utility tool. Has the gas mileage and comfort of a car with the hauling capacity of an SUV, all while being a great eye-catcher and conversation starter! Right now on my MPG display it says 33 mpg with 120 highway miles and a touch of city. I usually end my tank with about 26-29 mpg which I can definitely live with. The only problem I have with the car is that the interior dash and exterior paint are both extremely easy to scratch. I have a small dog and he has done his damage. Both the Mazda and Ford.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.