Used 2008 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 213 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

I would do it again.
By Scionhappy

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my scion xb. I am happy with just over 24 mpg in town driving and over 30 on the interstate. I was unsure at first but quickly fell in love with this car.

Mileage, sunroof and ride.

Give a a turbo to help play some more. Armrest for passenger. That's all I can think of.

LOVIN IT!!!
By goonyfish5

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd xb. More comfortable ride, still like the boxy look of the older style. Drives awesome. Wish I would have gotten the standard. I average about 30 mpg. Love the sound system and handling. More spacious for having 3 kids (2 young adults) no squooshing together in back. I will stay with this for along time. Scion is an excellent brand. Would like more unusual colors. My last was yellow limited edition.

mileage, sound system comfort ride.

more color choices, keep the old boxy style. YES adding a 5 speed is good.

Most awesome car at this price
By Dave

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I now have over 30,000 miles on this car in just over a year, and I love it more every day. I did have a wheel sensor that went bad, but dealer fixed it no problem. This is my second scion and as long as they make car that fit my needs, I will be a customer for life. For the first 10 months I was only averaging about 24mpg but just like with my first Scion, once I got towards 30,000 miles I am now averaging 29mpg and I do a lot of around town driving.

Nav system, cold air intake, reliability, amazing amount of space in such a small package.

Paint seems to chip a bit easy.

Best kept Secret
By Dan

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The xB may be the best kept secret of the year.Mine is an awesome conveyance, [this, from someone who has owned about 30 vehicles and did for over 25 years, drive over 40K miles per year. As with my '94 Previa AWD van that has 260K and still runs well, my xB is no disappointment when it comes to reliability,[not a single problem yet],and now that it has 20K and the engine has settled in, I just observed over 30 MPG [only got about 25 whthru the Mt.s of WV, and the hills of VA/PA, [this, with over 500 lbs of luggage/demo gear plus my 230+ wt.]. It has plenty of acceleration and although suspension could be stiffer, [I could cure that for a few hundred $ in factory add-ons], it's fine, as is.

As an impaired person, I appreciate Xb's ht. which allows for easy exit/entry It has no power seats, yet is extremely comfortable to drive and I never feel as if I am in a small or cheaply-built ride. It comes w/traction control, limited slip, tire pressure monitor, and more. I love this thing.

Paint seems a little thin. Some think that it's OK to bang their doors into it, [sour grapes? Boys, it wasn't the Asian mfgrs. who set lease mileage so low that you would only drive a car an avg. of 12K mi/year. They don't mind their cars having 100 K on them]. I think that a 5 spd. would add mpg.

After one year and 18,000 miles...
By Rob

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

... my Scion xB is still living up to my expectations with zero problems and gas mileage consistently over 30mpg. With 69.9 cubic feet of storage with the rear seats folded (more than a Jeep Grand Cherokee at 67.4 cu.ft.) The xB can carry a lot of stuff if needed. Bottom line is that the Scion xB is a great value, reliable, efficient. Negatives are few at this price point. Ride can be a bit intrusive on bad roads but still solid. Interior plastic scratches easily... that's about it really. I am always looking for a replacement for the car that I currently drive. Just to see if there is something that would work better for the price. I haven't found it yet.

Camry engine, 5 speed transmission, full air bag array, 4 wheel disc brakes, traction control, stability control, reliability, cargo room, gas mileage.

Higher quality interior plastics, improve ride, increase ground clearance slightly, more color choices. standard alloy wheels.