2008 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Functional and Fun
By ducksquat on 07/07/08 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car for my wife because she wanted something roomier on the inside and smaller on the outside. This was the perfect vehicle for her. She traded her Honda Accord for this vehicle. Built entirely in Japan, the quality is top notch and has yet to experience any problems. I can't believe that I can sit very comfortably in the backseat despite my 6'4" frame and the font seat is the same. Headroom is excellent. The four cylinder Camry engine has plenty of get up and go but I wish the average MPG were better. We do mostly city driving and average 24 mpg.

The band broke up
By Bill Turk on 07/06/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion name when it was made was new edgy and had just about everything for everybody. But just like modern bands, you switch a member here and there, and before you know it the name Scion doesn't mean what it used to mean. Take the xB for example, the old one was great, small engine, loads of room. Sure it could have used a bigger engine, but fuel mileage for space was what counted. Then they messed with the image, put a bigger engine, but also a bigger chassis. The result is a car that is no longer what it used to be. Toyota, um, Scion just took themselves out of the market that the Honda fit has all to itself now. The xD is no better and looks too much like the fit to kill any edge.

Super Car
By louiswilde on 07/05/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I average 27 mpg city or highway. Good car and the most reliable of any I have owned.

I love the car
By Wagon on 07/04/08 07:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car handles very well. Automatic transmission is fast. By watching the "real time fuel mileage" I can drive very efficiently. I was very impressed by the 28 mpg fuel mileage. The car is solid and quiet

my first Scion xB
By Dale R. on 07/02/08 21:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 8 years of driving two Mercedes in a row, the xB is a big improvement! 24 mpg in town, inexpensive to insure and license, accelerates and handles great, FUN to drive, great visibility, comfortable on 600 mile trip, parks easy, hauls a lot, looks cool, stereo with IPOD dock is the greatest, 15 mile commute to work is enjoyable, holds the road on hills and curves along the Missouri river bluffs, handled great in mid- west ice and snow. Ability to add Toyota Racing Division parts makes it something I can personalize, Toyota reliability and service is reassuring. My Mercedes was always in the shop, my xB only goes in for oil changes. Think inside "the box."

Great box
By Anthony Z on 06/29/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car was put on the road May 1st 2008, and have been a delightful experience, I've driven 3500 miles and loved every minute in it. I added floor mats, interior leather, a sway bar, XM radio, it has the 2.4 L engine motor which is very adequate, zips in out in traffic, park just any where, I'm getting about an average of 33 to 34 miles per gallon, very consistently, no racing here, very easy on the throttle, and coast every time I have a chance, it is easy to do it with standard transmission, I love this little car, go ahead buy one, you will enjoy.

Great car and a great price
By Yvonne on 06/24/08 15:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in March '08 and I like it a lot. It handles well and it is fun to drive.

Great little big car
By Jerry K on 06/19/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Scion xB reminds me of my last new car, a 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit diesel only much larger. Fun to drive, stable and safe handling, great brakes too. Quiet and powerful engine. Very responsive steering. I'm using a fuel additive that increases my millage about 15%, I'm getting 30 in town and 37 highway. Very easy to get into and out of. Now the bad. Poor seating position, steering wheel too far away, pedals too close together. Driver armrest is useless, same for the door armrest. Very little back support, seat too short, poor all around visibility, windows too short and windshield too far away. Clutch travel is too long. Needs sound proofing in doors and roof.

I returned it!
By George on 06/16/08 21:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well I loved the styling and the interior room, but hated the way it drove. It's top heavy and feels tipsy. The body lean is the pits. A gust of wind makes you feel like you have to fight to stay in control.

City Driving
By City Driver on 06/13/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For the price, this is one of the best vehicles I've owned. Quick, nimble, practical, reliable, and stylish. Fuel mileage is adequate, but nothing to brag about: 18-20 mpg city, 27-32 mpg highway. Above speeds of 70 mph, and/or with the a/c, the fuel mileage drops quickly. The interior is quiet, and visibility is very good, except the low top of the front windshield causes me to stay back from stoplights a little more than normal. Drawbacks: only one speed for variable front windshield wiper, no lock on the glove box, and rear seats are not comfortable on longer trips. Overall, the XB is inexpensive, reliable, roomy, and a great value. I highly recommend a test drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.