Used 2008 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Not the quality I expected from Toyota
By belowexpectation

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have been driving this xB for about 20,000 miles for two years, and disappointing since about 10,000 miles. Besides a major problem with engine (the dealershop fixed it), it rattles with the breake pushed, and plastic fell apart from under the passenger chair. This is not the Toyota quality we used to know. Although it has a unique design and some functionality, the overal quality is below my expectation considering the price tag.

The exterior look, roommy inside, cargo space with flat seats

wow.. what can I say about this scion? Toyota is not doing something right and the deficiency will be reflected in the market share near soon.

Great in Snow
By Service Tech

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love how much room is inside with the seats foleded down. I am tall and even I have pleanty of head room in the front and back seat. I live in WI and drive in allot of snow, I have no worries driving in bad weather. Also I drive almost all hwy miles and avg 30 mpg.

Room VSC Gas Millage

Smaller passenger windows.

Good balance of everything i needed
By ShugaShane

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my 08 xb just over 2 years and have approx 75,000 miles on it. Not one issue ever. Plenty of power, and my avg mpg on the dash currently says 29.8 I drive alot of highway at roughly 73mph, when I was driving at around 68mph on these trips I would get around 31mpg. I love this car, holds all my stuff for camping, and a large dog. only complaint...that stupid skinny arm rest. fatten that thing up!!

the look/ride

arm rest

the toaster
By bloke

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a great car for the price and I wanted something good on gas and the interior size was a big surprise.I will be selling mine soon as I want to go back to AWD and something with more of a luxury feel.

Ipod compatible and gas mileage, easy manual gearbox

Stereo Ipod control too finicky, goodyear RSA tires bad in the wet,seats could use more support, ride quality is sometimes bumpy but it could be the tires, but hey it was $16k new!

Brakes
By Diana

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the Scion. Very roomy with great interior.

I love the MP3 hook-up

The brake system does not seem reliable. Having issue with brake pads not wearing evenly. This causes the car to feel like you are rubbing the rotors, even though I have 50% of the pads left. Dealership not being cooperative. This could make me fall out of love with this car.