2008 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
I know xB in a very object way
By brytface on 05/17/10 16:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have driven xB for over 2 years. Our experience with this vehicle has been deteriorating mainly because of continuing mechanical problems and poor interior material quality. First, some plastic under passenger seat fell off within 6 months normal usage. Big surprise! And the engine stopped in the middle of the way. (wife almost made an accident) Toyota fixed it under warranty. However, problems continues.. When waits for the signal with brakes on, the car shakes and make noises. I knew Toyota Quality slips away but I thought Built-in Japan Scion would be fine. My mistake! when a company fails to do what they are supposed to do (making value products)consumers suffer.

Nice little Scion
By smokey63090 on 02/26/10 13:28 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the vehicle new and have put almost 57k miles to date. Had some issues with dash rattles but dealer fixed under warranty. Reliable vehicle with good mpg but lacks refinement of other Toyota interiors. Very simple interior materials feel cheap. Great value as first car but I miss the luxury feel. Roomy interior with practicality.

still fun after 2 years
By charlieplex on 02/21/10 20:54 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car over 2 years and have racked up over 55,000 miles. I still find the xB very enjoyable to drive. The only problem I've had is with the rubber strips that run along the roof. I had 2 blow off shortly after running it through a car wash. They were both replaced under warranty. It runs like a champ and easily cruises down the highway at 80+ mph. The kids prefer it to our other cars because they have so much room in the back seat. I'm 6'1 and there is plenty of room in there. I average 27- 28 mpg and I'd classify myself as a pretty aggressive driver. I've driven conservatively a few times and have gotten 400 miles on a single tank of gas.

My Oil Burner, w/ no warrentee
By Oil burner,not warr. on 02/02/10 11:14 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased a new efficient car 6/2008 when gas prices spiked to $4 per gallon. Well I thought I was making a good decision, but instead our car has had a constant spongy brake pedal, blown transmission at 22000, which was fixed under warranty. The brakes still are spongy and car does not stop well in snow! But this is the kicker My car burns 2.5 quarts of oil every 5000 miles! Toyota's engineers says "There standards are 1 liter of oil burn per 5000 miles is acceptable" The dealer and Corp. Toyota say they WILL NOT put an engine in! So the reallity is I'm paying $400 per mth + insurance for something we don't drive. I will NEVER buy a Toyota Again!!!

Fill it shut it and forget it !!!
By Urbandale XB 2008 on 01/02/10 20:27 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very practical, no nonsense reliable car for the long run. This car is a glue in snow and the stability control (VSC) works amazingly in snow. Had 2 blizards each amounting 16 inch of snow within 2 weeks and it drives amazingly with VSC taking care of skids. I have a Nissan Quest minivan which has VDC same as VSC but it doesn't work this good. I felt very secured driving this car in ice and snow

Not the quality I expected from Toyota
By belowexpectation on 12/20/09 18:54 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have been driving this xB for about 20,000 miles for two years, and disappointing since about 10,000 miles. Besides a major problem with engine (the dealershop fixed it), it rattles with the breake pushed, and plastic fell apart from under the passenger chair. This is not the Toyota quality we used to know. Although it has a unique design and some functionality, the overal quality is below my expectation considering the price tag.

Great in Snow
By Service Tech on 12/01/09 14:08 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love how much room is inside with the seats foleded down. I am tall and even I have pleanty of head room in the front and back seat. I live in WI and drive in allot of snow, I have no worries driving in bad weather. Also I drive almost all hwy miles and avg 30 mpg.

Good balance of everything i needed
By ShugaShane on 11/23/09 12:10 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my 08 xb just over 2 years and have approx 75,000 miles on it. Not one issue ever. Plenty of power, and my avg mpg on the dash currently says 29.8 I drive alot of highway at roughly 73mph, when I was driving at around 68mph on these trips I would get around 31mpg. I love this car, holds all my stuff for camping, and a large dog. only complaint...that stupid skinny arm rest. fatten that thing up!!

the toaster
By bloke on 10/10/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a great car for the price and I wanted something good on gas and the interior size was a big surprise.I will be selling mine soon as I want to go back to AWD and something with more of a luxury feel.

Brakes
By Diana on 10/08/09 20:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the Scion. Very roomy with great interior.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.