Used 2008 Scion xB Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

I love it!!
By Losjax

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was sold on this car two seconds into the test drive, it handles so well and the pickup is amazing. It’s exactly what I was in the market for, not a sedan, but not quite an SUV. It’s just a very fun car the drive, and decent gas mileage. I’ve only had mine for a couple of weeks, but I’m very satisfied. I cannot recommend this car enough.

Ipod hookup, horsepower, handling (just amazing!)

Arm rest on driver's seat is useless, that needs to be redesigned. But that's about all I can think of!

Great car
By bgr

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car and I love it. I've had it for around three weeks and already have 1100 miles. The interior is very roomy, and being 6'4" that is very important. The performance of the car is not great, but if you get the TRD performance exahust and the cold air intake, it really helps. The exterior design is amazing. When I'm stopped or just driving around I get people stopping and staring.

Exterior and interior design. Gas mileage. Underdash lights. Large interior.

Having a telescoping steering wheel. Add a little more power to the engine.

Go xB Go!
By Ken

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun car at an affordable price. Lots of safety features which I really appreciate. I put on about 30,000 miles/year and safety is very important to me. I like the solid feel of the xB and its quiet ride on the highway. The engine is quiet and powerful. I have the manual and it shifts like a dream. The best shifting car I have ever owned. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a car that is fun to drive and yet quite practical to own.

I like the digital speedometer and I like the assorted mpg indicators. The rear seats fold perfectly flat with no gaps anywhere. I always own hatchbacks and this is one of the first things that I look for. The flat storage space is a must!

I would move the speedometer and gauges to be in front of the driver. And I would love to have at least the time, temperature and mpg displayed at all times.

too bad
By had to trade it in

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had a very high expectation level for the 08 xB. The Camry engine was a plus, except for my actual 26 mpg on the highway. Over all, I just didn't find it enjoyable to keep. It was difficult to see stop lights, poor color selection, the rear bumper is a dust and dirt magnet, the style gets a bit long in the tooth after only 6 months. Couldn't slow down the rear window wipers.

Lots of power. style is better than the 06, more room, the MP3/iPod inputs and good trade in value.

Who puts only one back up light on a car. The pioneer audio system is missing something, rear window wipers need a slower speed, style effects poor visibility, poor mpg, cheesy fabric on back of rear seats, really difficult to get under to do any work, get rid of the maint/light every 5,000 miles

A great car for the money!
By BrandtRN

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I just bought this car about two weeks ago, and we're enjoying it very much! The interior is roomy and quite comfortable, and I'm very happy with the stereo. This car is fun to drive and gets excellent gas mileage. The value for our money, in my opinion, was excellent, and I'm very happy we bought this car.

I'm quite partial to the stereo.