Used 2008 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

A great car
By willie

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove the Scion XB in November just after Thanksgiving. I looked and looked at all other available cars in this class. Bought the Scion XB on 8 Feb and absolutely love it. I bought front and rear stabilizer. Tightens up the chassis even more and it corners like a banshee. Was going to lower to improve handling more but find it does not need it.

Roomy, comfy, quick, great gas mileage 29 mpg city, fold down back seats. Great radio and disk player.It just plain looks cool and the best part is my wife who does not drive loves it.

Arm rest drivers needs redesign.

1st import
By kamuka

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

went to my local scion dealer, had the chance to test drive the tc then the xb really like the tc but needed room and the xb had what i needed for my five dogs. it's really fun to drive but have not gone a long trip yet, gas mileage at first was alright until i put a cold air intake went up about 2 miles per gallon (as long as i don't get in it)

love the ipod hookup, also love how simple the dash is and controls

need to offer a better sound system, also a extra backup light would be good, sunroof

Much improved xb for 2008
By JIM

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I upgraded from my 2007 "2006" xb. I could not achieve the 30-34 mpg. I averaged 26 mpg, so i went for the 2008 for the performance. It gets the claimed 23 mpg. It is a camry drivetrain and platform, and it rides like a camry. Good acceleration. Smooth ride. All the bells and whistles that were only options in the '06. Are present in the '08. Bigger rear storage area.

It is just a fun car. Great for seniors/retirees. Great for those with physical limitations to enter and exit. It is a perfect step down from mom's taxi once the nest empties.

Comes with a driver's armrest, but it is low and inadequate. I prefer the antenna incorporated into the back window like the '06i feel all cars should have sun visors that has built in extenders to actually screen out the sun. I think climate control and lights with automatic on/ off be included

Good Little Car
By JC3

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very well thought out car. We really like it. Fuel economy is a little less than I would like (real world) 24 city. We like it enough that we are going to buy a 2nd one!

Handling and interior space.

Fuel economy could be better.

Reliable and Fun
By Anna

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm way north of the age range that this car was designed for, but I love it. I always smile when I look at it and it is giving me a reliable vehicle that is very versatile for hauling people and "stuff." I wish it had a roof rack. Also, I've found this winter that it is EXCELLENT in snow - a very good thing! It's also steady and responsive at interstate highway speeds.

The 'look', the price, the reliability, the spaciousness, versatility, and the Toyota excellence in quality. Throw the bike in the back and go!

I'd LOVE a roof rack, and I wish it got a bit better gas mileage.