2008 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
My second xB
By witchever45 on 06/14/07 05:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just traded my 2004 xB in for the new 2008 xB. I LOVE everything about the new xB. I thought my old one was great, but the new one is so much better. It is faster, roomier, and much quieter. It still has everything I liked about the old one but the improvements to it are amazing. It has made my bad commute to work much easier to deal with. I would recommend this car to anyone.

2008 Scion xB
By Job on 06/14/07 04:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife was appalled when I brought this thing home for her. But after driving it for a while she likes it. I was looking at everything in this price range and below and found nothing but blah until I saw this. Good car, good utility, bit of a head-turner, great safety features, first-aid kit, easy in-and-out, kids love it, and my bride is off my back. It's an econo-Camry with some style.

Scionara xB1, Hello xB2
By west scide on 06/13/07 15:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in an 06 3 weeks ago after driving it just 3 months shy of 2 yrs. As much as I enjoyed the 06, I like the 08 a lot more, it is a much better car overall. The 06 was perfect for commuting and trips to local places. I enjoyed driving it as long I was the only passenger but with wife, two kids and occasional third party, the fun goes away especially freeway ride > 30 miles. The 08 has addressed what the 06 lacked: power, safety, cargo behind 2nd row, lack of basic amenities, cup holders, cruise control. However the MPG, cool styling, and fun to drive has decreased on the 08. For me the 2.4L and safety of the 08 was worth the upgrade.

Fantabulous
By BigRigDriver on 06/10/07 22:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car comes loaded with everything and it's cheaper than most popular cars out there. Fun to drive, great gas mileage and very comfy. Road noise is much better than others in its class. Very roomy, young couples with a kid or two will love it. Big folks will find lots of room. Car made in Japan which is a big plus since my confidence in domestic made products has declined to low levels. Do yourself a favor and get a GPS if you do buy one, you gonna need it for all the fun driving you gonna be doing in it.

2008 xB, It's not your dad's square box!
By ginamann on 06/10/07 10:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have just a hair under 800 miles on this and it drives great! A few minor things would make it great! (see below)

"Sell the Buick, Martha! Get this car!"
By Bill J52 on 06/08/07 20:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Pulled the trigger on this 2008 xB yesterday and hey, words fail me. Except for one... competency. This wagon does every task without even breathing hard. If you need easy access and egress, safety, good looks, fuel economy, and low "cost-to-own" this is your car. Technically, it's amazing, pure and simple. Electric steering and brakes, stability control, antislip, smart suspension that feels more like a Lincoln Towncar than a 4 banger entry level car. In short, the xB is a car for all people, Take a test drive and see! It's marketed for young adults but we baby boomers will not be denied!

Love the Box
By ronhawk62 on 06/06/07 06:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've put about 1500 miles on the box in two weeks and it has been excellent, so far. I've been getting over 32 mpg on trips and about 27 in everyday commuting, way better than expected. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of room and the ride is surprisingly quiet on the highway. The engine has excellent power and the transmission works seemlessly. It handles very well and I'm more than pleased with my purchase. I like this car better than my previous car, a 2002 Lexus ES 300, and I really liked it.

I LOVE this car!
By Lew on 06/03/07 18:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's been a week of genuine fun. I am getting 27+ mpg. The ride is smooth, quiet, lively, and very comfortable. Sure it is not a sports car but then, I don't have to fold myself into contortions to get into it. Lots of room. Yes, it's design is not for everyone, just someone who wants something well out of the mainstream. Some will think you are wacky. Hey, that's great in my book. In short it is a joy to drive! No regrets here of yet. It is one cool car, and I am not even close to Toyota's target under 30 year old.And what are people talking about, complaining about the center mounted guages. They are right there, easy to read.

Best car value out there
By tomrass4 on 05/30/07 07:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 06 xB for the 08 model because it addressed the weak motor and added side air bags. I loved my 06 xB and it is a perfect urban car where you drive in congestion and less than 45 MPH. I do a lot of freeway driving and the new version is vastly superior in this area. I currently have over 400 miles on it and here are my 1st impressions: more solid, safer feel; performance is way up; ride noise is down; better base stereo; improved instrument cluster; mileage is down (28.7 mpg in mixed driving so far); visibility is down but still very good. In conclusion, I believe this is the best car value out on the market for what you get and end up paying.

Satisfied with my Midlife Crisis
By Eric on 05/28/07 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car is exactly as advertised. The blackberry crush color is amazing beautiful. Planned on wrapping it, but I am having a hard time covering up the color. The car is great on gas mileage (just got 33 mpg on a highway trip).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.