2008 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Go Granny Go
By Mike on 07/05/07 08:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What a cool ride. My wife saw it and fell in love. To me it looks like a mix of a Honda Element and a PT Cruiser. With everything this vehicle has to offer, I am sure that sales will explode, as more and more people find out what they are missing. And also, watch out for the price to start going up, as there is no other car on the market that can compete with the price and standard equipment.

Highly impressed
By Impressed on 07/03/07 13:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I laughed when I first saw the older Scion "boxes with wheels". The more I saw them the better they grew on me. We just bought the 08 xB and we are really impressed with the ride, performance and accessibility. We really went overboard on extras and ended up with a remarkable classy vehicle. We added the Alpine navigation/radio system, leather interior (charcoal and ash), Camry alloy wheels and sports steering wheel. The audio system is awesome and navigation system has largest screen I have ever seen. You can sit and play DVD movies in the nav system while you are sitting and the surround sound is spectacular. I recommend that you become a proud owner of one.

My best choice
By Onel on 07/02/07 17:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, ok in fuel, good combination interior-exterior, nice engine, more than expected.

Buy an xB
By Dave on 06/30/07 16:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a small car with good gas mileage that could seat 2 adults and three small children. I researched and test drove numerous cars in the same category, Honda Fit, Civic, etc. Nothing else even compared. The new xB is great! I thought the first one was interesting but there was no way I was going to drive a go-cart on the freeway. The 2008 is a huge improvement.

Fun little car
By usafflyboy8 on 06/26/07 20:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We had an 07 tC and traded it in for the 08 xB. Lots of room for every one. Handles very well and I can not tell much difference in power from the tC to the xB.

A Must Buy!
By Oh Man! on 06/25/07 08:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Everyone should at least check this vehicle out. I was so amazed by the standard options (i.e., iPod connector, side airbags, stability and traction control, projector headlamps, digital gauges, and well laid out interior, practical storage areas underneath rear passenger seats). I could go on and on, I love this car. I traded in my tC for this car because I needed more room for hauling things.

From 2006 Rav4 to 2008 Scion XB
By Ed O on 06/24/07 16:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This thing is a steal. I liked my Rav, but I like this A LOT more. The styling is fantastic and it feels huge inside. Kind of a Maxi Cooper -) Even though the Rav was $6K more, this feels like a trade up! Sound system is excellent and contrary to many opinions, I love the digital speedo. Rides like a big car and has enough headroom for someone 6 foot 3 inches!

Think "Bigger Picture"
By BIGGER PICTURE on 06/22/07 09:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great execution of safety, space, comfort, economy, quality build, and std. features for price! I first saw them Mother’s Day weekend, I thought "for real", then I actually drove it and I thought "cool". Then I loaded it up with the family and a 300 lb salesman and test drove it, I thought "WOW, I am impressed!" That is coming from someone whose last car was a Mini Cooper S. Smooth and quiet ride (not as sophisticated as an Accord or Camry, but I prefer driving the xB over my wife's 07 Accord). Handling is at or above expectations for a spacious car. Avg 26 mpg on 1st tank w/ a lot of idling, currently, at 32 mpg on LA FWY driving. Way cool!

Best New Car in 33 Years
By JimW on 06/20/07 15:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've purchased many new cars in 33 years, the 2008 xB is the best value, most comfortable, best equipped, and most satisfying car I've ever owned. The driving performance and standard features are amazing. Average fuel economy after 1000 miles = 30.7 MPG in mixed highway and city driving. Interior space and comfort is better than vehicles costing twice as much. Toyota's attention to design detail and build quality is exceptional. Also, in spite of the xB's massive interior space for people and cargo, the great handling, powerful engine, and small exterior size of this car make it really fun to drive! Now you will understand why all 2008 xB drivers have big smiles on their faces!

A Bang of Safety for the Buck
By mikep on 06/18/07 22:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I only added one option to the vehicle, the 16 inch alloy wheels. You can't get a car with more standard features and safety features than the xB for the price. The style has improved 10-fold from the original model. It's longer, a little wider, and about the same height. Fuel economy could be a squeeze better, but I love the torque. The base radio is quite adequate, and the sound is great. The one thing I am most impressed with is how quiet the car is, road noise is almost non existent. All this and it is so much fun to drive, and to be the first one in town with a new toy!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.