Used 2008 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Scion Got It Right With the 2008 XB
By Mary

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 2005 XB and always hoped Scion would make some improvements. I'm proud to say they got it right with the improved 2008 XB. I traded my 2005 XB in May, 2007 for the 2008 XB. The improved model boasts a larger, 2.4 engine with A+ pickup. Tighter, smoother suspension and a quiet, roomy cabin make this car a true delight to drive. I've added alloy wheels, rear bumper guard, rear sway bar and Sirius satellite radio. I like the extended trunk room and revised dashboard. The price is right for all the extras, quality and satisfaction you'll find with the 2008 XB. It also handled the road very well in the Western New York/Buffalo winter. I have no regrets buying the 2008 XB.

It's all good! Love the bigger engine, seats are very comfortable, roomy cabin, tighter stability and road handling. The cabin is nice and quiet. Easy to enter and exit the vehicle. It has great pick up on the open road. Favorite Feature: The smile it brings to my face when I'm driving my XB!!

I wish the gas mileage was better, but with the upgrade in engine size and power, I can overlook that. I would like a better reverse/back up light. I'd also like to see heated side mirrors. Sometimes in the winter, ice would build up on the side mirrors and it would be difficult to scrape off.

Scion has made a me a customer for life!
By Brian

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Dropping down from an SUV to a small vehicle to make my commute more economical was my motivation. Scion xB has continued to amaze me as I use it for everything from Home Depot to camping. Plenty of interior space and it drives like a little sports car. What more can you ask for from a vehicle priced well below 20K that lets you do everything an SUV or truck can do. The new xB sacrificed MPG for more pep, and it's a great trade-off. I've had my xB for almost a year and its running like a champ. Getting about 25 mpg in mixed driving. If you need a little commuter car with big style and plenty of room (I'm 6'0") then this is your car.

Ipod Jack that displays on your deck, great stock pioneer system. 60-40 fold down rear seats allow me to have a car seat on one side and still fold down the other seat. lots of cubbies and cup holders. More power out of the 2.4L Camry engine.

Seriously..not much. Add an arm rest to the passenger seat. Factory roof rack for sure.

Lot of car for the money
By retmsg

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my XB for about a month and had several upgrades installed by the dealer. The upgrades are cold-air intake, front strut bar, rear sway- bar, pioneer sound system. The original 16" wheels/Goodyear tires have been replaced with 18" alloy wheels/Nitto NeoGen tires for better handling. This car has a lot of room for a big guy. I'm 6'4" and 290lbs. This is the first car I bought (other than a muscle car) that I enjoy driving. The XB is quite responsive for its size. The new engine size has plenty of power for the normal driver. I have been very impressed with the way this car is built.

The interior is spacious even for a big person.

a great car with a few flaws
By mattoafilmscore

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i originally wanted one of the "old" XBs, but by the time i got my finances in order, they were gone. having since driven one of the older models, i'm happy to say i'm glad i went with the '08. while many people might point out the decreased MPGs, it should be noted that the decreasing MPGs aren't for no reason. the '08 is much safer than the previous models, it doesn't blow all over the road during inclement weather and it's quite a bit more powerful. while there definitely are things that need improvement, I'm confident when i say i don't have any plans to purchase another vehicle for some time.

center mounted console, great stock stereo speakers, tons of room (this coming from a big guy), ipod and aux hook ups

driver's side arm rest is useless. rear wiper cleans a tiny area of rear window decreasing visibility greatly when it's dirty. nav system safety features are over the top & actually make the system more dangerous to use while driving. spoiler interferes with cleaning rear window.

Bang for your Buck
By Razo

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

EXCELLENT build, mileage, performance, and quality in ITS CLASS. Keep that in mind. My wife traded in her Chrysler T&C and she fell in love with this car. We have two kids and its so roomy. The windshield is huge and impressive. The bigger engine helps pull this small car in traffic. Its about the same size as a BMW X3 and had gotten positive comments from family and friends who never liked the previous models. I'm more of an Acura guy and I have to give respect to this Scion. I would purchase it. Always test drive first.

The body and features! The only thing we added is the premium audio the rest you can get yourself aftermarket. The dealer will rip you off in the aftermarket dept. Don't do it.

Keeping the budget in mind, I would LOVE Scion Xb to have an OPTIONAL supercharger since it shares engine with the tC!!!