Used 2008 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

only (2) weeks
By tom

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car for several reasons. My 06 HHR had 70K miles and was starting to FALL APART! I needed a wagon type for business giving good mileage. I purchased a Black XB and added 18" X 8.5 Enkei wheels with 225/40 tires. Tinted the front windows to match rears. So far the car is good, few complaints, can't see the radio during day light is Big issue. Arm rest is useless, trying to get dealer to install one on pass. side. Mileage about 24 average, hope it gets better. I put so many miles on a car in just a few years, I hope resale and reliability is better then HHR.

Favorite Features

I'm 6-2 and I find it very easy to get in and out of. Met. Black and chrome wheels looks very nice. At 62 I'm way out of their target group but it fits my needs.

Suggested Improvements

true center arm rest, 5 or 6 speed auto would add to highway mileage. Lighter color interior!

My Gold Rush Scion's 1st Road Trip
By Jimi Harris

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went down to Columbia South Carolina when my Scion had less that 2000 miles on it got the first 500 miles with a tank and a half gas, it comfort and safety it was pouring rain all through NC in to Columbia. Driving time was 8.5 hours one way. Drove all over Columbia and then went down to Charleston, SC to check it out and stayed over night shopped at the Outlet stores and filled my XB up. Drove straight through back to Maryland stopping for gas etc. Got awesome gas mileage, cruise control is awesome, my old behind did not fall asleep once even after 4.5 hours. Was windy and raining hard never felt that my XB was not giving me awesome traction and wind buffeting was kept to a minimum. Jimi

Favorite Features

Steering wheel Ipod control, cruise control, the placements of controls. Huge back seat, driver armrest and ease of driving. Sun Roof was open while driving cause I am a smoker and never got a drop of rain in side.

Suggested Improvements

Pad door cup holders so they don't rattle with drinks in them, need to have a passenger arm rest like drivers seat. Ashtray option out side of using the center console cup holder slot. Autodimming mirror option.

Lots of Bang for your Buck! Gold Rush !
By TiffsMom

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have my 2008 Scion XB Limited Edition Gold Rush a month. Before purchasing, I came to this site to read the many reviews,very informative. I simply LOVE the Scion. I was amazed how spacious the interior was. I slipped in and out very comfortably and felt the ride was extremely easy to handle, zippy pick up. The interior was 2 tone/very stylish. I passed on the $400 "Teflon" treatment from dealer and found 5 step Simonize Teflon treatment for $20 on eBay. I did get the spoiler & remote starter, mats. Also ordered side molding and touch up paint. I didn't start out to buy the limited edition,but dealer had only one,and I felt in love. Getting about 24 city, 28 highway. Lots of fun

Favorite Features

Roomy, comfortable. Actually like low armrest, room for my purse. Very responsive, peppy. The PRICE for what you get is exceptional ! LOVE the IPOD connection, and in wheel audio controls. Like the readouts, sporty. Driver seat fully adjustable. Generous cabin, great price, great car.

Suggested Improvements

I did not upgrade the stereo Pioneer, and the stock sound system is fair. My old Honda Accord had beautiful sound and I do notice the lesser quality. I may shop for a better sound as the Scion upgrade didn't look too great either. The ride could be a little softer, again maybe cause it's new.

Great Family Car
By Krystal

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car. Easy for moms to get kids in and out. The headlights are a pain. It has a distinct line in your vision where it all the sudden goes from light to pitch black. Not good for traveling to places you've never been cause you can't see road names until you are right up on them. But for everyday around the town driving its great.

Favorite Features

Easy for my daughter to get in and out by herself. Makes my life easier because we have a 2 month old.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the headlights for further viewing distance and add another back-up light because you can't always see and others don't see it when you are backing up.

Great car for the price
By mikey

2008 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought a 2008 xB as our family car (we have 1 small child), and so far it has been wonderful. We just recently took a very long trip across the country, and the dual DVD monitors really came in handy keeping our son entertained!! Fuel economy is good, performance is great, love the iPod hookup and folding rear seats!!

Favorite Features

iPod hookup, DVD monitors, airbags all around

Suggested Improvements

Multiple speeds for front and rear wiper delays