2008 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews 17

2008 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

2008 xB Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
fun ride
By happy_scion_owner

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I dont know where to begin! This is such a great car! It's super fun to drive and the functionality is superior to other cars in its class! I was set on buying an HHR until I happened upon the Scion. The Scion wins hands down for room! So much leg room in front and back! It easily fits 3 adults comfortably in the back seat! And the price cannot be beat! A great value! I was leery about "the blind spot" in the cargo area but I have not had any problems. The engine is peppy and gets up and goes when you want it! And another plus is the gas mileage! I have only had the car for a week but so far my average mpg is 30! that is a combo of city and highway! Try one you will be impressed!

Favorite Features

Roominess, mpg, spunky look, a unique ride that gets noticed a lot! Bunch of aftermarket add-ons to show your individuality, awesome stereo system, exterior color choices, so many standard features that usually cost extra, great for the young and young at heart, and tons more!

Suggested Improvements

More aftermarkets, an armrest for the passenger, add optional moonroof.

Awesome small UUV
By Jonas Urba

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is one awesome urban utility vehicle. As more people discover that Scion finally powered it with the Camry 2.4L engine (no longer a power plant that could not pull a dead bird off a fence), expanded the interior cabin space and polished the exterior lines a bit, it should be a huge hit for Scion. Love the black sand pearl paint job (looks like a small hearse) which fits my probate lawyer profession and personality to a tee. It is certainly a head turner in west central Florida. 3100 pounds really helps the ride and feel surpass a mint 420 SEL I once owned. Europe will have a tough time competing with this ride.

Favorite Features

Price, weight, design (in and out), standard features (power everything is standard), tilt, cruise, audio controls on steering wheel, directionals on mirrors, everything is exceptional.

Suggested Improvements

City fuel mileage could be a little better but you can purchase a lot of fuel for the few extra miles per gallon you might or might not find in a comparably designed vehicle (if you can even find one).

Sweetest Ride
By infiniteparadox

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first car at 17 almost 18. Honestly I could not be happier with this ride. I decided to go with the aqua green color (Hypnotic Teal Mica) and this color/car is definitely a head turner. In fact when I was driving, my neighbors literally couldn't believe I was driving in this hip car. So after driving the car for about a good 1/2 hour this is what I have to say about it. The car on the outside doesn't look that big but on the inside there is a lot of interior. The thing I like the most about it is just how easy it is to get out and in. Plus the seats are the most comfortable I've ever been in. Feels like they were custom made just for me. The car has a quiet interior, very smooth.

Great vehicle for the money
By killonious

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great car for the money. Has the same engine as the 2007 Camry and Rav4 base models which are ~4k more. Has a lot of extras that a lot of cars in this price range do not have. The back seats have tons of leg room. This is a great car for a small family.

Favorite Features

I really like the standard radio. It has an iPod jacket that allows you to charge and control your ipod through you radio. Also, the controls are on the steering wheel so your hands don't even have to leave the wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The tires seem to be very low quality. They seem to slip a lot in the rain. Has a big blind spot that needs to getting used to.

2008 Scion xB
By Hokdon

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the 08 xB for 1 week, and I'm still thinking of excuses to hop in and take it for a whirl. Great room, comfort, and pep. Dig the styling, including the center mounted dash. Didn't think I'd like it at first, but now all cars should have it. Standard safety features are tops, and the mileage is better than the sticker advertises, especially for highway driving. Ride could be a little suppler, but then again, I'm coming from a midsize sedan so it's different. Ignore the reviews about the 'blindspot causing C-pillar. .It's not nearly as bad as the reviews say. Much better vehicle than the Fit, esp. w/the engine power and safety features.

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, ergonomics, engine/transmission, driveability, base features. Std items are extraordinary for cars this price.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a different ride. It's definitely small car-like. Otherwise none.

Love the 08
By Anewton86

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had an 06XB. Loved it when I bought it and then as the year passed on I began to find things I disliked about it. I didn't like the room between me and the passenger, the leg room for the passenger, or the lack of getting up and going. I traded in my 06 3 days ago and got an 08. I love it! They fixed everything I didn't like. The ride is so much smoother.

Fun to drive.
By Grrg!

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I took my new xB up around some nice curves from the Rose Garden to the Arboretum in Portland, OR. This baby really rocks around the curves, and that 0-30 really helps. The xB is extremely stable, staying mostly flat with very little twisting - I'd like to see what the rear sway and front strut bars would do! Add a supercharger from TRD and we're talking head-to-head with a 328i that costs $12,000 more. Add a TRD CAI and sport muffler, and we're talking 'bout beating that German engineering. Replace the OEM speakers, though. These things sound bad as in flat.

Favorite Features

Speed and acceleration, ride, looks of the car and stares from all the people.

Suggested Improvements

Put covers on the exposed, horizontal storage pockets so that I can hide my sunglasses, separate out the display of mpg, clock, and outside temperature so that I don't have to keep pressing the same button.

Best for the Cost - loaded with features
By Gani

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After a careful research of all sedans with a combination of all features - safety, comfort, space, design, power and fuel economy, I bought this wagon which has them all for a price that is far less. It has everything in it. You cannot get a car which has everything in the right combination. Well, who cares if it looks like a box. In fact the 2008 XB looks much sportier. An excellent value for the money!!

Favorite Features

All the inbuilt features. Power and safety features. Huge and spacious interiors. Space for magazines and other little stuff under the rear seats. Over all everything is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Better, bigger arm rests, one more rear light for backing won't hurt. Space to keep the goggles/specs.

Great auto
By npdxc

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We enjoyed our 2004 xB and did not intend to make any changes. We had the opportunity to drive the 2008 Scion xB. It was immediate, my wife and I decided we wanted to own it for many reasons. First, safety. Side airbags and curtains, 4 wheel disc brakes, are new in 2008. While it is heavier than the 2004, the ride is improved, handling is improved. Also, the longer wheelbase and length, help the ride and improved capacity for a load in the back. More interior lights, outside temperature, readings of mpg, etc. are all new and part of the standard package. Have received lots of questions from bystanders, inquiring about the car. Looks good (Blackberry Crush Metallic color).

Favorite Features

Increased power w/larger engine. Improved safety features (side airbags and curtains, disc brakes on all 4 wheels. Attractive. Improved ride and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Many of my suggested improvements over the 2004 are met with the 2008. I enjoy it and do not have additional suggestions at this time.

Great Car
By Jay Cutler

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car has been great. Roomy and comfortable. Acceleration is good. Sound system is awesome including the iPod connector.

Favorite Features

The iPod connector, interior design.