Used 2008 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Value - Safety, Performance, Utility
By Jeff

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a week, but have found it all that it is advertised to be and the other reviews accurate. As an engineer, I research all other potential vehicles thoroughly. The xB is without doubt the best value for the price. My attitude is that a car is an appliance and must meet a list of needs. Scion has created a very utilitarian vehicle -- I don't care about all the style discussions. But you might. The vehicle has all the advanced safety features and incredible space with seats down. The vehicle has all the expected creature comforts and is of expected Toyota quality. Ride is firm but comfortable. MPG on first tank was 30 mpg mixed on hilly PA highways and city.

Favorite Features

Safety and utility. Quality. Good fuel economy despite the over reaction to increasing horsepower from previous. Comfort, quiet, and space. This is a super value -- look around and you can find this vehicle for invoice -- don't believe the pricing claims by some dealers. I paid $14500 + destination

Suggested Improvements

Driver's left arm rest redesign, separate clock, variable speed intermittent front and rear wipers, floor mats standard ($155 option?!), rear cubby nets standard ($200+ option?!), larger front cup holder, lighted glove box, better positioned clutch. Needs smaller engine for better mpg - 1.8L?

Outside the Demographic
By John B

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a nice car for money with very good room inside. Very good quality and lots of nice features for nothing extra. I would recommend getting none of the add-ons unless you are absolutely sure you need them because they really reduce the economy of the car. Great combo of power, build quality, ergonomics, price. Only negatives are the fuel mileage (you have to make a trade for the power & I’m still getting 26), no arm rest for passenger, and engine is a little noisy. Overall, very happy with purchase.

Favorite Features

Funky design, unexpected power, lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

Quieter engine, passenger arm rest, power plug for back seat.

get one NOW
By biff

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car to advertise my business, can't miss it! Everything else is a bonus, goes up Vail pass very fast, fuel average has yet to drop below 28.6 mpg- better than advertised. 1st car I have ever owned that does not need snow tires and we get 200+ inches a year here. (traction control that works) hauls kids, adults, groceries, skis, you name it. The instruments in the center are much easier to read than the regular kind.

Favorite Features

the whole package and the PRICE.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wiper needs a delay and needs to be bigger. needs a stand alone clock. get the rear bumper appliqué to protect it from scratches. upgraded pioneer radio is WAY to complicated and dangerous to operate while driving

Great new wheels
By Mark

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this as a commuter to save on gas as my primary car is a Buick Lucerne cxs which is not all that easy on gas. The Scion is a big surprise for a small amount of money. Offers pretty much more than cars costing thousands more plus is a Toyota and that alone stands for long term easy motoring.

Favorite Features

Ease of getting in and out (senior) and easy to park anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

more standard color choices

Awesome first car!!
By Ryan

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My dad got the xB back in May 2007 with the spoiler and fog lights, and was his main car. A few months after, we put the TRD exhaust, racing springs, and front strut bar on, along with ASA rims and interior lights. In December 2007 I got my license, the xB, and a TRD cold air intake to go with it. Now, the handling, acceleration, sound - everything is amazing. I just can't help hitting the gas a bit to show off. The CAI sounds amazing under load. My iPod is hooked up 24/7, and I always have it playing whenever I'm in the car. Sound quality of the base stereo is great, and the bass is great, but I am looking to get a subwoofer. I'm also looking to add headers to the performance collection.

Favorite Features

All the TRD and aftermarket stuff that's available, iPod jack, handling, massive amounts of interior space, the new looks for the 08, acceleration, engine sound with the upgrades...I love everything

Suggested Improvements

There are a few rattles when i have the music turned up (volume 20-25+ or so, though I do have the bass settings maxed out). the outside front door handles rattle, and there's one inside the door panel on the driver's door which takes a firm hit to stop. But other than that, we're good.