Used 2008 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

New xB
By xB Owners

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I purchased this car as a replacement - my car was dieing. This xB is awesome! It drives great, and is very comfortable - a great buy for the money. The ride is a tad bouncy on the highway. A lot more room than you think! I thought it was weird looking at first, and now I think it's super cute! Gas mileage is good, but gas seems to run out fast. I HIGHLY recommend this car! Toyota Reliability and solidly built!

Customization (accessories), got same amount as a small SUV but without high price, a rear window wiper, steering wheel audio controls, arm rest, digital readouts.

Another gear for the automatic - better gas mileage! Variable intermittent windshield wipers,

Love it!
By Jen

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am absolutely in love with my XB! I traded in my Cavalier coupe and I am loving the room in the XB. My fiance who is 6'4 could not fit in my old car and was amazed at how much room the XB has. Everyone that sees the interior is shocked at how big it is since it looks so small from the outside. I got it in white and I love the way it looks with the tinted windows and the dark interior. Very happy with all of the standard features, I have not added any options at all. I shopped around for almost 6 months trying to find the "perfect" car for me and this is it. When compared to other similar vehicles, the XB really gives you more features for less money.

Love the way it drives and handles. Interior and dash display are cool. Seats are very comfy. Love all the room in the back and the folding seats are a plus.Storage under the back seat is neat too. Always get lots of looks and compliments!

The arm rest is way too small and the passenger does not have one at all, definitely need that changed. Needs bigger sun visors with bigger mirrors. Wish it got better gas mileage but since I do not commute it is not that big of a deal for me.

A few days in.
By Genki

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought this car about 3 days ago and already I can see some fantastic features. Some of the notable upgrades from my '05 Chevy Colorado are the center mounted gauges that make it easier for someone like myself being 6'3", to see them without the steering wheel interfering. This is the first vehicle outside of larger SUVs and some of the larger extended cab trucks that allow a 6'+ person to sit directly behind a 6'+ driver and not have to be awkwardly positioned to the side. Last thing to mention is that the only upgrade I have with mine is the improved sound system with the stereo head unit that includes the RCA outputs, which is the best system for the money that I've seen yet.

Great standard features such as 4 ABS disc breaks and side impact / curtain airbags. for having paid 17,700 I didn't expect these features to be standard as they are upgrades for many of the more expensive cars.

Arm rest is poorly placed (though it's not bad once you stop thinking about it) and there's only one for the driver. Though not a flaw you have to use caution when hitting the gas pedal, it doesn't take much to get it going.

Found the Perfect Match
By Daren

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After owning a Mazda3 sedan for a year then a Ford Escape for a year I finally found the vehicle that is perfect utility tool. Has the gas mileage and comfort of a car with the hauling capacity of an SUV, all while being a great eye-catcher and conversation starter! Right now on my MPG display it says 33 mpg with 120 highway miles and a touch of city. I usually end my tank with about 26-29 mpg which I can definitely live with. The only problem I have with the car is that the interior dash and exterior paint are both extremely easy to scratch. I have a small dog and he has done his damage. Both the Mazda and Ford.

Love the shape which enables you to haul practically anything (just hauled a desk last week). Ipod control, full power features standard. I actually like the low center console, it fits me. I do wish the center console was padded/matted as things can bang out and make quite a bit of noise.

A sunroof feature, not just for limited release! Wish I could tow at least 500 lbs. Center cup holders both larger size. These are all minimal compared to everything this vehicle has to offer for 17k! This is an absolutely unreal value!

Value - Safety, Performance, Utility
By Jeff

2008 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a week, but have found it all that it is advertised to be and the other reviews accurate. As an engineer, I research all other potential vehicles thoroughly. The xB is without doubt the best value for the price. My attitude is that a car is an appliance and must meet a list of needs. Scion has created a very utilitarian vehicle -- I don't care about all the style discussions. But you might. The vehicle has all the advanced safety features and incredible space with seats down. The vehicle has all the expected creature comforts and is of expected Toyota quality. Ride is firm but comfortable. MPG on first tank was 30 mpg mixed on hilly PA highways and city.

Safety and utility. Quality. Good fuel economy despite the over reaction to increasing horsepower from previous. Comfort, quiet, and space. This is a super value -- look around and you can find this vehicle for invoice -- don't believe the pricing claims by some dealers. I paid $14500 + destination

Driver's left arm rest redesign, separate clock, variable speed intermittent front and rear wipers, floor mats standard ($155 option?!), rear cubby nets standard ($200+ option?!), larger front cup holder, lighted glove box, better positioned clutch. Needs smaller engine for better mpg - 1.8L?