2006 Scion xB Consumer Review: Makes sense

2006 Scion xB - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Makes sense
By phyzxtchr on

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Very few cars available on the USA market make sense at any level. The original Scion xB (example 2006)is such a car. I check the mileage at every fill up. Worst ever, 33. Best ever, 35. The 2006 is light weight (good) small engine (good) and cheap (great). I drive the 5-speed. Owners with the automatic have themselves to blame. The xB proves that "It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." I go past everyone in my xB and they have twice the engine, they just drive like slugs because they bought big hoggish cars and they are disgusted with the driving experience. Don't add weight, horsepower, or engine size! Too late, the newest xB did all three. Whoops! USA marketing!

Buy with minimal features for best savings! Still has all I need and nothing I don't. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that! Also: Light weight, small engine, compact size, outstanding fuel economy. This car way out-values CR-V, Rav4, and big sloths like Escape.

Need a Scion pickup truck with the same philosophy, light weight, small engine, manual tranny, minimal features, 30 plus mpg. I'd buy today.