Longest I've ever owned one car
By Rocker Dad on
2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I bought my Scion after news of our second baby arrived, so the xB replaced a V8 Magnum Dodge Dakota 4x4 with extended cab (sweet truck). Hard as it was to trade in my cool & manly truck, I was thinking about 3 things: Ease of getting baby and belongings in and out; passenger room; and gas mileage (my truck guzzled gas!). I test drove several cars, including a new VW Jetta, but none of them had the gas mileage, ease of entry and egress, and passenger room as the xB. Considering my needs it was a no brainer. I've never had a failure, breakdown, broken part, etc. with this car. It drives great in deep snow with cables, and the Pioneer stereo kicks. The features for the price were unbeatable.
Favorite Features
Stereo system, passenger room (5 adults), cargo room (massive with seats down - great if you're in a band), seats that sit up high, and amazing visibility around vehicle (no blind spots). Oh, and reliability.
Suggested Improvements
Very high road noise during highway driving and lack of cruise control fatigue the driver. Use sun visors that have extensible pieces to protect eyes when visor is over the side window. Include roof rack so families can bring luggage for vacation. Engineer engine to provide more power up hills.