2006 Scion xB Consumer Review: It Fits Me!

2006 Scion xB - Consumer Review

2006 Scion xB

Base Wagon (1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

It Fits Me!
By Josephus on

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2006 Scion xB is definitely a "fun car" to own and drive. It fits me like a comfortable pair of shoes, handles reasonably well -- no, exceptionally well for a car of its size, engine & transmission -- in both city traffic and on the interstates, and never fails to elicit comments even from complete strangers. When I pay attention to the tach, I can generally get almost 30 mpg in stop and go city traffic, barring a complete traffic jam, and almost 34 mpg on long trips at sustained speeds up to 75 mph if I keep the tach at or under 3000 rpm.

The zinger when I bought my Scion xB was its headroom. I am 6'3" with most of my height being in my torso; but, lack of headroom is a problem even with most full-size cars. I fit the Scion xB; I can sit up straight in the driver's seat and still several inches headroom.

I agree with the complaint about the faux lowrider trim; the front end snags on most sidewalks and curb bumpers. Raise it or delete it! Toyota relies too heavily on cardboard wheel wells and front bumper supports; even plastic would be better! Put the audio jack on the dash not in the console.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review