Avoid this car
By rcc90 on
2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
We purchased this car in '06. I will not ever buy another XB. We had one expense a year ago that ran over $600 to fix. Currently, we have a leaking water pump - another $500. This is a lemon! We had a slight bump up a year ago. A car bumped into us. The whole front bender had to be replaced. We didn't have to pay for this but it has made me realize how unsafe this car is. I hate driving it on the interstate. This will be our last XB. I told my husband we should have purchased another Camry.
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
Airbags (side), sturdier build
By jerry1911
on 05/30/14 19:50 PM (PDT)

You must have gotten a bad one and that can happen with any car. I had a Honda Accord that in two years I put 3 transmissions in and had problems with the cruse control and with the fuel injections I could have paid it off with what Ispent keeping it going. But with the Scion XB I HAVE ONLY HAD TO CHANGE OIL FILTERS AND BUY NEW TIRES I'M COMMING UP ON 90 THOUSAND MILES AND I'M GETTING READY TO DO THE 100 THOUSAND MILE MAINTENANCE ON IT IT STILL DRIVES LIKE NEW. YOU CANT BEAT THEM. I KNOW PEOPLE WITH TBE SAME XB AND THEY ARE CLOSING IN ON 500 THOUSAND MILES WITH ONLY DOING RECOMENDED MAINTENANCE THEY USE MOBIL ONE SYNTHETIC OIL AS I DO AND CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 5000 MILESAS FAR AS CRASHES THEY ALL CRUMBLE IN ANY CRASHES THEY ARE DESIGNED TO DO THAT TO ABSORB THE IMPACT TO PROTECT THE PASSENGERS. THE XB EVEN HAS REINFORCEMENTS TO BETTER PROTECT THE PEOPLE INSIDE IN A SIDE IMPACT. WE PLAN ON KEEPING IT FOREVER WE HOPE IN THE NEXT 30 YEARS TO BE ONE OF THE SCION XB OWNERS WITH ONE MILLION MILES. WE DONT EVEN HAVE ANY SURFACE RUST ANYWHERE ON THE CAR. IVE SEEN 2006 HONDAS FORDS CHEVYS TOYOTAS ETC THAT ARE SHOWING SIGNS OF RUST ALREADY. IM TELLING YOU IF YOUR DRIVE CONSERVATIVE LIKE WE DO AND WITH SOME MINOR TUNING YOU CAN GET 40+ MILES PER GALLON HIGHWAY LIKE WE STILL DO. THIS IS THE BEST MOST ECONOMICAL VEHICLE WE HAVE EVER HAD MY WIFE AND KIDS LAST SUMMER DROVE TO FLORIDA FROM OHIO THEN TO GEORGA AND TENN TO VISIT FAMILY ANDBACK FOR JUST OVER $200 LIKE I SAID THE 2006 SCION XB IS THE BEST LITTLE CAR YOU CAN OWN NOW SINCE THEY CHANGED THEM I THINK THEY DISTROYED EVERYTHING THATS GREAT ABOUT IT .