2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Great Ride...
By Bo Whitley on 02/28/07 22:21 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My son talked me into buying an xB and this is one of the best built cars period that I have ever owned.

xB's Biggest Problem
By Surmar on 02/24/07 03:35 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Scion xB. The only problem I have had with it is the windshield keeps cracking. I took it to the dealer before he even looked at it he automatically said the "stone chip" which I really didn't think twice about until I searched the internet. It seems a lot of people have this same exact problem their windshield. It cracks for no apparent reason, starting at above the rear view mirror. I went back to the dealer to complain about it. All he said was, "well what do you expect the windshield is straight up and down." If they pitch you that line, don't buy into it. I had a Jeep Wrangler for 10 years with 200,000 miles on it. The windshield is almost vertical and it never cracked.

Cool Moving Box
By Box on Wheels on 02/20/07 22:52 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best car you can buy for money and more. It had good build quality and is super good on gas. It is the best on resale value.

Almost Perfect
By gluzdov on 02/20/07 19:23 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My conclusion from owning the stick shift model for 5 months: this car is perfect for the city, but bad for the highways. It's been like owning an SUV without sacrificing fuel and city parkability. it's one of the shortest cars on the market and lets us fit into all kinds of super-small parking spots here in Philly. However, the manual gear design disregards the reality of speeds of the US highways. 5th gear: 80MPH/4000RPM, 90MPH/5000RPM - not a gas saver and the engine gets pretty loud. Don't believe the EPA estimates. Also, the default suspension option is pretty rough (wishing we upgraded).

MPG?
By firefighter184 on 02/16/07 15:11 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Beware of the gas mileage in the city. We get maybe 22-24 mpg in the city, which is nowhere close to the 31 mpg that is says on the sticker. Besides that, the car is worth the less than $15,000 and it is even better with a few cosmetic upgrades.

My Doodle Bug is GREAT!
By john on 02/11/07 01:12 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the driving experience in town and on the road! I have added a middle arm rest (which should be std.), cruise control (which also should be std.), driving lights (should be std), euro style rear lights (nice addition), undercoating (really reduced the road noise), a cold air intake and cat back free flow exhaust (they really improved the performance and mpg), new wheels and a $600 graphics wrap job to produce a very satisfying and distinctive ride. I love my new little doodle bug. Its low initial cost allowed me to make the additions that I wanted.

Scion xB, Better Have Glass Insurance
By LaVarious on 02/02/07 14:21 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The main problem I have with the car is broken windshields. I have looked around online and no one seems to be bringing this little design flaw up. I have owned my xB for about six months now and I have had to replace the windshield glass seven times. That means seven entirely new pieces of glass have been installed on the car. That is just insane. This week alone I have had to replace the glass three times. Each time the glass has cracked/chipped, the first time was two days after I purchased the car, I was driving between 40-70mph and have been about 4-10 car lengths away from the person in front of me. I am taking a loss and getting rid of the car tonight.

Wow
By Christoph2 on 01/14/07 22:25 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the xB for it's cheap price tag and great gas mileage. It has a very spacious interior and great gas mileage. I use less than a tank of gas for driving under 300 miles a week. The sound system is awesome. The 1.5L engine has quite enough power for this light weight (2,500 lbs.) vehicle. It has more get up and go than the 2003 Saturn 2.2L I had with better gas mileage to boot. What more could you ask for? It has good reliability with its Toyota drivetrain, spacious interior, and "unique" exterior. The xB is a nice highway cruiser too, and it's fun to drive. Don't believe the naysayers. I don't need the cruise control. I've never really used it in the other cars I've had cruise control in.

Green Goblin!
By Fine car! on 01/06/07 05:44 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Scion xB limited edition 3.0 is a fine green car. It has lots of room inside and a good driving position. It also has a terrific DVD system with 7 inch LCD screens in the headrests. It gets good gas mileage - 30 miles per gallon in mixed driving. This vehicle is great for a family of four. I'm very happy with my purchase and highly recommend the xB.

Toyota Should Rethink
By Mattie on 12/28/06 21:29 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I first bought the car it was a smooth, quiet ride. Now, that I have put 13,000 miles on it, it shakes, rattles, and rolls. There is so much interior noise and the interior is made with cheap looking plastic. It gets good gas mileage but, is terrible on the highway and has no acceleration and the throttle hesitates. I love the fact that the whole car has a lot of space especially in the back seat. I do a lot of highway driving and it's a comfortable ride. If you're looking for a car with high performance, this is not your car. Get the tC instead. If you're looking for a car to drive around town to get you from point A to point B then this is the car for you!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.