Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Most Helpful|
What A Car
By dewey300

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

1st time a wrote a review on any vehicle, but I am so happy with this car I had to write a review. Very spacious interior, cool looking, quiet ride, dependable, can't say one bad thing about the car, wonder why Clark Howard drives one and likes it. You will not be disappointed with this car.

Favorite Features

Alot of room for cargo and passengers. Great ride, quiet interior, fun looks.

Suggested Improvements

Put cruise control on as a stock feature.

You will survive an accident
By F B

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Scion XB. The first one, a 2004 w/ XM sattellite radio, I bought new. Had it for a 2 years. I was rear-ended twice, then the third time I was rear-ended by a full size Chevy cargo van going 45 mph. The car gave its life so I might live. It was totalled, I walked away. So, I got another one, this time a 2006. These cars do not go accelerate fast with the a.c. on going up a mountain, but the $30.00 to fill up the tank is the payback. I get around 37 mpg up here in the mountains of New Mexico. It goes in the snow, but deep snow would be a problem. Maintenance is easy, you can do it yourself, but changing the belts is a little tight, you need to jack the car up.

Favorite Features

Corners well, suspension is more of a "sport" tuning, or is that because I only weigh 145 pounds? Rides better with more people on board. I like the fact you can open the rear hatch and get to your cargo while it is raining, and not get wet. Great for musicians.

Suggested Improvements

seat upholstery seems to show wear a little quickly.

2006 Scion xB
By Jorge

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion xB brand new off the showroom floor. I have never had any trouble with it whatsoever. I average about 34 mpg. It still gets looks and questions from people and even though the engine could use a little more horsepower it's still a pleasure to drive and is very reliable. I recommend it to everyone I meet, especially to owners of the Honda Element which only gets about 22 mpg and has suicide doors for those who sit in the back seat. The Scion xB is definitely an awesome, reliable, roomy car that will fulfill anyone's desires for a reliable and roomy car.

Favorite Features

Roomy, reliable, handles really well, back seats fold down, great stereo with Ipod and other input device attachment, great design inside and out, lots of additional accessories available from the dealer and aftermarket stores.

Suggested Improvements

Larger sunvisors, increased horsepower and a bazooka subwoofer as standard equipment.

**AWESOME BOX**
By uknowulikeit

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

245,567 MILES and still going! I got this 2006 scion xb when I moved out 70 miles from my work. I ran this car for 5 years driving to work and back. I LOVE IT! Its really fun to drive and made my commute much easier. I got over 300 miles per tank. This is a reliable car.. All I can recall that I have replaced was 5 sets of tires and about 50 oil changes. Will never get rid of this CHAMP!

150,000 and still going...
By greeneguy63

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I still love my 2006 Scion xB. It is about to turn 9 years old in a couple of months. I drive it a lot and it still gets about 30 mpg city and 34 highway. I am going to get it painted and hopefully keep it another 9 years. It is very roomy and I use it for my small business. I can't find another one with this much cargo space and I definitely don't want a car payment ever again.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfortable seats. Decent stereo and or conditioner still works!

Suggested Improvements

None, they tried to improve it nod got a worse product in my opinion