Used 2006 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

What A Car
By dewey300

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

1st time a wrote a review on any vehicle, but I am so happy with this car I had to write a review. Very spacious interior, cool looking, quiet ride, dependable, can't say one bad thing about the car, wonder why Clark Howard drives one and likes it. You will not be disappointed with this car.

Favorite Features

Alot of room for cargo and passengers. Great ride, quiet interior, fun looks.

Suggested Improvements

Put cruise control on as a stock feature.

not there yet
By lag

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

i really like this car, mostly for its height. getting out i only need to swivil and stand up. i bought it used, i think the previous owner beat it up. its new to me but i just tested the mileage andonly got 26mph, very disappointing,will try to find out why. my criticisms are 1. the only headlight is inadaquite, should have one over the front. 2. needs alot of rm. to park if you need to open the back,3. a little too noisy, and i bought it with a cracked windshield. didnt know it was a cronic problem. but i love how much you can see, lots of window space. also all the little spaces to hold things, fall all over the place. not deep enough. i love toyot, cant imagine driving any thing el

Favorite Features

seat height, roomy,good colors. love the shape. you cant beat a toyota, i prey its the same good quality.

Suggested Improvements

front interior light, my passenger seats dont lay completely flat. better storage compartments, key on glove compartment.

Fun but watch the windshield.
By NJ

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

8th Toyota product. Bought for price, fuel economy and room. Not disappointed on any of the three.

Favorite Features

Massive passenger room! Stick really makes car move. ipod hook up is nice. Have 3 teenage children who fit no problem. May be challenge for young children who demand "Bundles" to accompany them.

Suggested Improvements

Fix cracked windshield problem. Very common (check internet). Got free replacement from Toyota after complaining. Wished cruise control was offered. Sun Visors are too small for side windows. The should have slide out device like my old PT Cruiser. Be aware of rocking when behind 18 wheelers.

So Its not what I thought It would be
By Stephenub

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it from the dealership used, and it was upgraded with Limo Tint, and nice 18' inch rims and tires. Well, I dont know if the problems I have had with the car are the manufacturers fault, or maybe the fact that I have 18' wheels on a car that normally has 14'.But, the ride is NOT smooth at all. Its insanely bumpy at times, especially living in Southern California, and having pot holes everywhere. There have been many MANY times Ive muted my sound because I thought for sure I ran someone/something over because its so loud. Also, the MPG is a lot lower then I thought it would be, I get about 220-250 miles per tank.

Favorite Features

Sound System, Bucket Seats, and enterior space

Suggested Improvements

Quieter ride, an arm rest, and Somewhere to put a GPS system if you decide to buy one.

throw away car
By dan

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ok I'm not going to say whats bad because I will be here for hours. I'm just gonna say whats good reliability and mpg and that's it.

Favorite Features

when the bumpers fall off in the rain

Suggested Improvements

Just about everything and I'm sure that why they came out with the new one