2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
My Scion
By Brenda Pappas on 04/09/07 14:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it because of the Toyota name, the cargo space, gas mileage around town and the "green" engine. Price and warranty were great. It has performed well, has great pick up and drives and parks easily. I can haul my dogs or my gardening equipment and plants in it easily. Only two complaints... change the location of the cup holder and try to smooth out the ride some.

Still needs some work
By karmabad on 04/06/07 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have to be honest, you cannot beat the price, and it's made by Toyota! You will not believe the amount of space this thing has, not to mention an amazing panoramic style windshield.

Toys
By stephen on 04/03/07 21:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the box just before Christmas '05, have 35k on it as of Apr '07. Had the dealership add carpet, arm rest, bumper tread, and cruise when new, purchased tires and rims from Tire Rack when I got it home. Added rear cargo light, hitch, side window visors, and map lights soon after. Been a great vehicle, averaging 32 mpg mixed driving, 34 hwy empty at 75 mph, and 27 or so hwy pulling a trailer with my motorcycle of jet-ski. My parents liked it so much they bought one as well.

Pros and cons of Scion xB
By cool car on 03/31/07 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

When I first saw the Scion xB I thought it was a cheap and not that good looking of a car. Then the guy at the dealer told me not to put down the car untill you drive it, so I did and ended driving it home. I have been driving my Scion for four mounths and now I love it. It offers plenty of space, a good stereo system and the comfort of higher priced cars. I also love the fact that you can customize the car to however you want it. This car has been a good investment for me.

My xB
By Mary on 03/20/07 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, I have had no buyer's remorse after purchasing this car. It's truly an engineering marvel considering how small it looks from the outside in comparison to how big it is on the inside. The exterior had to grow on me for awhile before purchasing it, but after seeing the inside I was sold. Buyers beware: if you are expecting some high performance, high-end vehicle, you should not purchase this car. The small 4-cylinder engine does have trouble in passing and uphill situations. The interior is basic, yet very functional. So far I have not yet achieved the estimated gas mileage (about 28 mpg in mixed city and highway driving).

Best Thing built since the "WHEEL"
By NEHC on 03/16/07 00:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a Scion xB, from Toyota. I bought it new and it now has 900 miles on it, but I can see why "You love it, or hate it, no gray area." It is perfect for their wrong target area, 62 year-olds, they aimed 18-40 year-olds. I'd buy another in a heart beat if I could. Buy the pre-2008 model they will be instant classics. They changed the style. If I had room and the money I'd get one in every color and series. Its Performance would be a 10 if it went 0-60 mph in the 4 second range, just missed :-)

Unique and Eclectic, Great for the City...
By The_Box on 03/14/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my xB because I was attracted to its unique shape, efficiency, interior space, and low price. I bought it with the full intention of customizing it a bit to express my personal style. After a year of ownership my xB has served me well without a single hiccup. It delivers excellent gas mileage when its warm-around 32 mpg, however falls to a dismal 25/26 mpg when it's cold out. I love the xB's funk factor and unique shape. The kids especially love it; once at a drive-in, a little boy called it a little limo. However, the xB suffers from lackluster materials, and is certainly not meant for highway driving. At high speeds (75+) the xB's engine is overwhelmed @ 3700 RMP and starts to suck gas.

The Best
By Jan Machado on 03/10/07 19:01 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I did a lot of research before I bought this car, and I have no regrets! I bought the 5-speed manual. We live in snow country and it handles like a dream with studded tires. There is a ton of room inside. I like the look of the car. I have averaged 32 mpg from the start. The only thing I missed was a center arm rest but hey, with the over all quality and gas mileage that's not a biggie. Yes I know I can buy a center arm rest, but thought it a bit pricey. I had a PT Cruiser for many years, and did not give it a second thought when I drove away in my xB. I don't feel this car lacks power but then, I don't feel the need to drive at 70 mph, 55 mph is just fine.

2006 xB
By rhagy on 03/05/07 16:52 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car runs great, is fun to drive and is pretty cool! The 18" Alloy wheels look great, but the ride is pretty hard. Next time I'll go for the 15" alloy wheels. All around, I would buy another one tomorrow! The car is a blast! It could use a little more power, but it's OK the way it is.

Reliable Space Capsule
By Smith on 03/04/07 19:28 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Scion xB has great interior space for a tall man and it is as reliable as a Toyota, of course. My only wish is for a bit more sound-deadening of the interior and a bit more comfort (brighter interior dome light, softer seating, etc.) - perhaps there should be a Lexus xB?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.