Used 2006 Scion xB Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion Xb - Consumer Reviews

2006 Scion xB Wagon

View reviews for a specific xB model:

xB Experience
By tree

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

As a commuter vehicle this is the best vehicle I have found. I am above average in size and needed a vehicle with the best overall fuel economy. I averaged 33 mpg overall with this car. I drove it daily back and forth 50 miles per day to work. I would be driving it now however my employer provided me with a company car. It was low cost to maintain and on fuel. It is nice looking vehicle for a box and served the purpose it was purchased for. I would highly recommend the xB to anyone looking for a low cost, reliable, fuel efficient vehicle. If they happen to be 6'9" tall they can drive in comfort also.

Favorite Features

33 mpg average-town or highway

Suggested Improvements

60 mpg average

The Little Workhorse
By David Harlass

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car for small deliveries and sales calls. I did not want this car, but it made sense financially. I keep very detailed mileage records and it never matters if you are highway or city it is always between 29.5 and 33 miles per gallon. The A/C matters little to my overall mileage, even with the A/C running. I have 80000 miles on it and only one small issue with a switch. It is exactly as it is promoted for an inexpensive vehicle and I recommend this car mightily.

Favorite Features

Mileage, Room, storage places, head room

Suggested Improvements

Softer seats

Don't use the A/C
By Kat

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is fine for running around town. I am assuming the gas mileage is ok as long as you don't use the air condition. Which is Southern California is next to impossible. Once the AC is used the gas mileage is horrible. With AC use gas mileage goes down to about 14mpg. Overall an ok car for around town errand, but next time I will buy something with a bigger engine so the air conditioner doesn't kill the gas mileage.

Ban Boring! Unexpectedly Nice xB!!!
By Synthetic

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, very versatile, reliable, economical, and safe. 1. Fun: with decent tires this handles like a mini-BMW. Firm yet smooth ride, with good cornering. Noisey, but the 160 watt stereo takes care of that. 2. It's a minivan & SUV with a cavernous interior. "Ten gallon hat" headroom and expansive leg room front AND rear. Both front seats fold flat creating a double bed (don't tell your teenager), OR fold the rear seats creating a minivan cargo space. 3. Toyota reliability and smart simplification. 4. It gets 30mgh city and 34mpg highway, its True Cost to Own is among the lowest in the world. 5. Dual airbag, ABS, stability control, brake assist, and great visibility.

Favorite Features

BMW-handling, nerdy styling, comfort, and economy. Even if it were sleek and beautiful, we would still love it (but not quite as much).

Suggested Improvements

For what it is, this is pure perfection of design intelligence and build quality. I would not suggest even the slightest change. Some have experienced high incidences of cracked windshields (we have not) so maybe rigidizing the framework or ruggedizing the glass itself?

2006 Scion xB
By Jorge

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Scion xB brand new off the showroom floor. I have never had any trouble with it whatsoever. I average about 34 mpg. It still gets looks and questions from people and even though the engine could use a little more horsepower it's still a pleasure to drive and is very reliable. I recommend it to everyone I meet, especially to owners of the Honda Element which only gets about 22 mpg and has suicide doors for those who sit in the back seat. The Scion xB is definitely an awesome, reliable, roomy car that will fulfill anyone's desires for a reliable and roomy car.

Favorite Features

Roomy, reliable, handles really well, back seats fold down, great stereo with Ipod and other input device attachment, great design inside and out, lots of additional accessories available from the dealer and aftermarket stores.

Suggested Improvements

Larger sunvisors, increased horsepower and a bazooka subwoofer as standard equipment.