2006 Scion xB Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:
Unique looking car
By s moore on 03/31/08 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Cheap sounding rear hatch when closing. Be careful opening if not unlocked plastic mechanism will break. (replaced under warranty.) Good gas mileage (30) road, less than sticker indicated, checked several times. Arm rest optional, should be std. Little noisy on road at high speeds. Will not hold speed using cruise controls on hills and noisy when cruise downshifts. Std. Cruise would be nice, currently optional. Handles well on mountain curves. Needs additional lighting in rear interior. Wish I had waited for 08 as it is about 1 ft. longer. I need the extra space as I am in sales and need the room for catalogs and samples. Overall this car is acceptable given the reasonable price

I made the best car purchase
By aliengirl2004 on 03/12/08 16:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It is so nice to know with gas prices rising, I will hardly feel the pain! I love this car, and at first glance, I hated it like most people. The xB is something you warm up to when you start to get it. I love it so much, my husband and I both have one!

Great except for the windshields
By DUCricket on 02/21/08 00:18 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for almost two years. I loved the unique design and interior room. The interior design looks a little cheap, but better than the TC. I still love the vehicle, except for the fact that I am going onto my third windshield in two years. I just replaced the windshield three months ago and the new windshield is cracked already. There's a whole section on this site about the windshields always cracking. Great car except for the windshields. Be prepared to pay money for replacements.

2006 Scion sB
By Johnny Vegas on 02/13/08 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Here's why I purchased the Scion sB: I'm 6ft tall and I have plenty of room. The rear seat has plenty of room for the kids. It gets 35mpg and it never breaks. Not ready for a Corolla or a minivan. It has performed beautifully in these areas. One of the main reasons I bought the 2006 was the gas mileage. The 06 has enough power and performs really well at the pump!

Still great after 1 1/2 years
By KimE on 01/25/08 03:36 AM (PST)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my beloved xB for me and my two kids. As a single-mom, I needed a reliable but inexpensive car. I wanted a Toyota but not happy with a corolla-type car. Did research on the xB, took a test drive and fell in love. Tons of room and attention-getting good looks! It's not just for the young people. I'm 41 and I love it. The kids think it's cool too.

Love it!
By Shawna on 10/31/07 19:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is perfect for our family. It seems if you have kids, you must either have the gas guzzler SUV or the sooo suburban minivan. But the xB you get the ability to put your kids in the car without excessive reaching or knocking the kids' heads on the doors, great gas mileage, and just enough room to carry their stroller and groceries in one trip. Not a great traveling car, but since I only use it in the city to cart my kids around, it's perfect!!

Great fuel economy
By jim on 06/16/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent car. Lots of room, manual transmission has good pickup. Strong handling. Very comfortable on long trips. A lot of leg room for rear passengers.

2006 Scion xB
By qadcv on 06/12/07 08:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. Great on gas, fun to drive. Acceleration could definitely be better. This car is great around town and on the interstate.

Toyota's Best Offering
By dskinner on 05/11/07 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

The vehicle is exceptional in all areas and is a blast to drive. Don't be fooled by the small power figures and boxy appearence, this car is awesome. I highly recommend it!

Great ride
By john reed on 04/10/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Scion xB Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I added undercoating, cold air intake, cat back exhaust, driving lights, euro style rear lights, and this vehicle is now quieter, peppier, gets improved mpg, which adds much to a fun to drive machine, in my opinion. It is a little under powered, but I bought it not to be a race car but a good looking, fun to drive and different looking vehicle. I also added graphics on the sides which gave it a dramatically neater look. I have been very pleased and will probably hold onto this one for many years because it is so much fun to drive!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.