Used 2006 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Great Car
By LL

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car new and not one trip back to the dealership since. Very Reliable, comfortable, and fun to drive. Consistently getting 28-30 mpg. No problem with the windshield like some posts had mentioned. No problem with anything whatsoever. A/C works good even in the hot days.

Always like the room and the ease of getting in and out. Great car to run errant on. Easy to drive. Wonderful to be able to move large items with the back seats down. Will fit in the tightest parking spot possible.

Would like to have cruise control.

I love my Toasty
By Toasty's Mom

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

What a super car! I've owned many cars before, but none even come close to my stylish, fun, zippy little Scion XB. I've had my car for three plus years and have very few complaints. The most pressing is the number of times I've had to have my windshield repaired. Because of the angle it seems to attract every stray stone or pebble. Also, my ground effects have been damaged a couple of times (mostly my fault). Aside from that, it runs great, looks great, good gas millage, fun to drive, great stereo, I-Pod compatible, very reliable and totally COOL! I strongly recommend that any cool people, who want an equally fun, reliable and affordable ride, run, don't walk, and get yourself one!

I-pod compatibility, fold down rear seat, it's boxy stylishness and hatchback.

Car is little tricky to drive in snow. I always joke that it's meant to be parked and look cute from December to March. A little more weight to give it better traction and stability would be a plus. Also, the ability to tow a small camper would be appreciated as well.

xB Experience
By tree

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

As a commuter vehicle this is the best vehicle I have found. I am above average in size and needed a vehicle with the best overall fuel economy. I averaged 33 mpg overall with this car. I drove it daily back and forth 50 miles per day to work. I would be driving it now however my employer provided me with a company car. It was low cost to maintain and on fuel. It is nice looking vehicle for a box and served the purpose it was purchased for. I would highly recommend the xB to anyone looking for a low cost, reliable, fuel efficient vehicle. If they happen to be 6'9" tall they can drive in comfort also.

33 mpg average-town or highway

60 mpg average

The Little Workhorse
By David Harlass

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car for small deliveries and sales calls. I did not want this car, but it made sense financially. I keep very detailed mileage records and it never matters if you are highway or city it is always between 29.5 and 33 miles per gallon. The A/C matters little to my overall mileage, even with the A/C running. I have 80000 miles on it and only one small issue with a switch. It is exactly as it is promoted for an inexpensive vehicle and I recommend this car mightily.

Mileage, Room, storage places, head room

Softer seats

Don't use the A/C
By Kat

2006 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is fine for running around town. I am assuming the gas mileage is ok as long as you don't use the air condition. Which is Southern California is next to impossible. Once the AC is used the gas mileage is horrible. With AC use gas mileage goes down to about 14mpg. Overall an ok car for around town errand, but next time I will buy something with a bigger engine so the air conditioner doesn't kill the gas mileage.

• SUV